LIfedrive battery discharges rapidly - Palmtop

This is a discussion on LIfedrive battery discharges rapidly - Palmtop ; I've had my LIfedrive since August. That makes it 8 months old. In the last week or so it's suddenly and rapidly discharged the battery. I mean, over about 5 minutes it goes from 100% to absolutely 0% - the ...

  1. LIfedrive battery discharges rapidly

    I've had my LIfedrive since August. That makes it 8 months old.

    In the last week or so it's suddenly and rapidly discharged the
    battery. I mean, over about 5 minutes it goes from 100% to absolutely
    0% - the monitor drops right in front of my eyes. It's done this twice
    now. The first time I plugged in the charger and it charged up just
    fine. Then it did it again today - died rapidly in front of me. It's
    plugged in right now and seems to be charging just fine.

    The only thing I could find on the Palm website suggested the battery
    needed to be replaced. After only 8 months of not particluarly heavy
    usage (like, I don't go on the Web with it, don't use it for long
    periods of time).

    Any suggestions or advice? I'm really kind of pissed, if it's dead
    after only 8 months. It's still under warranty, so it won't cost to
    get it fixed, but it's going to be a major hassle.

    Cathy

  2. Re: LIfedrive battery discharges rapidly

    cathy wrote:

    > I've had my LIfedrive since August. That makes
    > it 8 months old. In the last week or so it's
    > suddenly and rapidly discharged the battery. I
    > mean, over about 5 minutes it goes from 100%
    > to absolutely 0% (snip)
    >
    >Any suggestions or advice? (snip)

    Since no manufactoring process can be entirely perfect, there are
    always going to be variations in battery life. This is caused by
    variations in chemicals, mixes, components, and so on. It appears you
    were unlucky enough to get a weak battery. It happens. And nothing is
    gained by getting upset about it. On the plus side, since few
    batteries fall into this catagory, odds are great your next battery
    will perform much better.

    Stewart

  3. Re: LIfedrive battery discharges rapidly

    Hi Cathy,

    Try going here:

    http://promosearch.palmone.com/searc...-q-2=LifeDrive

    The page, Battery Tips, is from the Palm, Inc. Support Knowledge
    Library. I hope this helps

    Heather
    Heather.cullen@palm.com

    cathy wrote:
    > I've had my LIfedrive since August. That makes it 8 months old.
    >
    > In the last week or so it's suddenly and rapidly discharged the
    > battery. I mean, over about 5 minutes it goes from 100% to absolutely
    > 0% - the monitor drops right in front of my eyes. It's done this twice
    > now. The first time I plugged in the charger and it charged up just
    > fine. Then it did it again today - died rapidly in front of me. It's
    > plugged in right now and seems to be charging just fine.
    >
    > The only thing I could find on the Palm website suggested the battery
    > needed to be replaced. After only 8 months of not particluarly heavy
    > usage (like, I don't go on the Web with it, don't use it for long
    > periods of time).
    >
    > Any suggestions or advice? I'm really kind of pissed, if it's dead
    > after only 8 months. It's still under warranty, so it won't cost to
    > get it fixed, but it's going to be a major hassle.
    >
    > Cathy

+ Reply to Thread