Free MP3 player for Tungsten E - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Free MP3 player for Tungsten E - Palmtop ; I have inherited a used Tungsten E from someone who doesn't have the original install disk. I want to use my handheld to play mp3's, but I don't want to give RealPlayer my billing address, which is what they ask ...

  1. Free MP3 player for Tungsten E

    I have inherited a used Tungsten E from someone who doesn't have the
    original install disk. I want to use my handheld to play mp3's, but I
    don't want to give RealPlayer my billing address, which is what they
    ask for when I try to download their MP3 player. Where can I find a
    good free MP3 player online? I'll use RealPlayer if there is some way
    around signing up for RealPlayer account.

  2. Re: Free MP3 player for Tungsten E

    sm4christ@gmail.com schreef (2-4-2006 16:14):
    > Where can I find a good free MP3 player online?

    TCPMP is free and plays MP3 files (but also movies), it doesn't shut
    down the screen while playing though.

    Huub

  3. Re: Free MP3 player for Tungsten E

    Download a trial of PocketTunes - you might find yourself wanting to
    buy it

  4. Re: Free MP3 player for Tungsten E

    __/ [ sm4christ@gmail.com ] on Sunday 02 April 2006 15:14 \__

    > I have inherited a used Tungsten E from someone who doesn't have the
    > original install disk. I want to use my handheld to play mp3's, but I
    > don't want to give RealPlayer my billing address, which is what they
    > ask for when I try to download their MP3 player. Where can I find a
    > good free MP3 player online? I'll use RealPlayer if there is some way
    > around signing up for RealPlayer account.

    Have a look at my old(ish) review:

    http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archiv...election-tips/

    Notice the comment on AeroPlayer. It should work just fine. PocketTunes is a
    new(er) one which I frequently hear about.

    Best wishes,

    Roy

  5. Re: Free MP3 player for Tungsten E

    > TCPMP......... it doesn't shut
    > down the screen while playing though.

    Mine does on my TX and my TE. I use TCPMP version 0.71

  6. Re: Free MP3 player for Tungsten E

    I downloaded RealPlayer for Palm. All they wanted was an e-mail address
    and password of my choosing. I've never received any follow-up e-mail
    from them and it didn't initiate a flood of spam.

    - henry

  7. Re: Free MP3 player for Tungsten E

    henryp wrote:
    > I downloaded RealPlayer for Palm. All they wanted was an e-mail address
    > and password of my choosing. I've never received any follow-up e-mail
    > from them and it didn't initiate a flood of spam.
    >
    > - henry

    Just advice, this is situation appropriate for use of mailinator.com.
    One-shot email, no password, accounts closed after a day or two.

  8. Re: Free MP3 player for Tungsten E

    On 2 Apr 2006 07:14:41 -0700, sm4christ@gmail.com wrote:

    > I have inherited a used Tungsten E from
    > someone who doesn't have the original
    > install disk. I want to use my handheld
    > to play mp3's, but (snip)

    Search eBay and other used/preowned sources for an original disk. Most
    T/E disks came with an MP3 player, Docs to Go, MobileDB, VersaMail,
    Acrobat Reader, and other worthwhile applications.

    Stewart

  9. Re: Free MP3 player for Tungsten E

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    > __/ [ sm4christ@gmail.com ] on Sunday 02 April 2006 15:14 \__
    >
    >> I have inherited a used Tungsten E from someone who doesn't have the
    >> original install disk. I want to use my handheld to play mp3's, but I
    >> don't want to give RealPlayer my billing address, which is what they
    >> ask for when I try to download their MP3 player. Where can I find a
    >> good free MP3 player online? I'll use RealPlayer if there is some way
    >> around signing up for RealPlayer account.

    > Have a look at my old(ish) review:
    >
    > http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archiv...election-tips/
    >
    > Notice the comment on AeroPlayer. It should work just fine. PocketTunes is
    > new(er) one which I frequently hear about.

    Oooooh cool website...

    --
    The DervMan
    www.dervman.com

  10. Re: Free MP3 player for Tungsten E

    On 2 Apr 2006 07:14:41 -0700, sm4christ@gmail.com wrote:

    >good free MP3 player online? I'll use RealPlayer if there is some way
    >around signing up for RealPlayer account.

    Try Dioplayer
    (http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-703.html?DioPlayer). I didn't
    test it, but it's free.
    Regards,