Z22 battery life question - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Z22 battery life question - Palmtop ; Hi guys, Probably too low end for much experience here with you guys, but I am buying my girlfriend a Z22 to see if she can keep her stuff together. Obviously paper notes are NOT doing the trick. LOL What's ...

  1. Z22 battery life question

    Hi guys,

    Probably too low end for much experience here with you guys, but I am
    buying my girlfriend a Z22 to see if she can keep her stuff together.
    Obviously paper notes are NOT doing the trick. LOL

    What's battery life like with the Z22?

    I'd really like to find an older B&W screen Palm-something, just not a
    used one. Yeah, I know, fat chance. Remember those halcyon days of 2
    alkaline batteries lasting 4 months? Progress.

  2. Re: Z22 battery life question

    davenpete@gmail.com wrote:

    >What's battery life like with the Z22?

    I'm getting around 8 hours battery life on my Z22 in ebook reading service at
    the low brightness level.

    >I'd really like to find an older B&W screen Palm-something, just not a
    >used one. Yeah, I know, fat chance. Remember those halcyon days of 2
    >alkaline batteries lasting 4 months? Progress.

    For comparison I get about 20 hours on a set of AAAs with my IIIxe and around 25
    to 30 hours on my m125, both mono screens in ebook reading.

    BTW the Z22 is worthless in direct sunlight, can't be seen. The monos are at
    their best in sunlight except that direct sunlight will make the contrast fade
    after awhile. I think it's the ultraviolet light. On the other hand the Z22 is
    much better inside. I use my Z22 far more than even my other color models
    because of it's extraordinary battery life (for a color PDA) and because it is
    so small, light, and a great pocket carry...

  3. Re: Z22 battery life question

    Thanks Aaron, I think I will get 2 of the Z22's as my Garmin iQue is
    good but the battery life is terrible. It is neat as a GPS but just too
    bulky and power hungry to be practical for a general notes type PDA.

    Thanks again or the reply.

    Dave

  4. Re: Z22 battery life question

    wrote in message
    news:1143910120.427376.95970@j33g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > Probably too low end for much experience here with you guys, but I am
    > buying my girlfriend a Z22 to see if she can keep her stuff together.
    > Obviously paper notes are NOT doing the trick. LOL
    >
    > What's battery life like with the Z22?
    >
    > I'd really like to find an older B&W screen Palm-something, just not a
    > used one. Yeah, I know, fat chance. Remember those halcyon days of 2
    > alkaline batteries lasting 4 months? Progress.

    Four months? I used to get around 10 hours to rechargeables with my IIIxe,
    twice that running on alkalines. That was around a week, ish. You can
    still buy these devices or the equivalents - the Handspring Visor, a bunch
    of Palm IIIs. Don't discount the Palm IIIc, which had fantastic battery
    life for a colour PDA. Sixteen hours of uptime...

    The Palm V and Vx's battery has always been slightly disappointing for me...
    The m500, m505 and m515 do okay too.

    Anyway putting these to one side, the "trick" with modern PDAs if you're a
    light user is to remember to Hotsync it on a powered cable or cradle every
    few days. I'm not a light user :-) but my wife is (mostly, sometimes she
    uses her device for hours) and manages just grand with her Tungsten T3, a
    PDA notorious for poor battery life.

    If you need GPS, consider a Bluetooth-equipped model and buy yourself a
    standalone GPS unit. We went for the Fortuna clip-on, it has a ten hour
    battery life, which means I can leave it powered up, wander about on foot
    and refer to the GPS if I need to by powering up the PDA...

    --
    The DervMan
    www.dervman.com

  5. Re: Z22 battery life question

    Last weekend I decided to increase the battery life on my PalmVIIx by
    doing some DIY to it, I'd bought it cheap 2yrs ago but I hadn't used it
    as much as I'd liked to due to the bad battery life - but hopefully
    I'll be ok now

    http://david.j.whitehead.googlepages.com/palm_front.jpg
    http://david.j.whitehead.googlepages.com/palm_back.jpg

    Dave