Palm TX Connectivity question - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm TX Connectivity question - Palmtop ; Since I cannot call TS, I wanted to ask this question. I received my palm TX today only to learn that the much advertized BLUETOOTH is only applicable to a GSM phone. My old unit was a palm tungsten and ...

  1. Palm TX Connectivity question

    Since I cannot call TS, I wanted to ask this question. I received my palm TX
    today only to learn that the much advertized BLUETOOTH is only applicable to
    a GSM phone. My old unit was a palm tungsten and I went to a dell axim, and
    a year later decided to come back to PALM. I need connectivity to my phone,
    but since BT seems to be out, is there ANY way to cable connect to my
    motorola v710 or am I just out of luck?

    With my old tungsten, I had a cable I could connect to my then motorola
    phone.

  2. Re: Palm TX Connectivity question

    justme wrote:
    > Since I cannot call TS, I wanted to ask this question. I received my palm TX
    > today only to learn that the much advertized BLUETOOTH is only applicable to
    > a GSM phone. My old unit was a palm tungsten and I went to a dell axim, and
    > a year later decided to come back to PALM. I need connectivity to my phone,
    > but since BT seems to be out, is there ANY way to cable connect to my
    > motorola v710 or am I just out of luck?
    >
    > With my old tungsten, I had a cable I could connect to my then motorola
    > phone.

    If your phone has IRDA, then TX can also communicate with it. Without
    much thinking, I just copied the phone settings (connection and network)
    from my old Visor to the new TX and it worked OK from the first try. My
    phone is currently SonyEricsson K508, but the same settings used to work
    with Siemens ME 45.

    As for serial cable: I have seen a serial TX cable (and a serial TX
    modem cable, which is not exactly the same) sold online, but not at
    www.palm.com. See http://www.pcables.com/ or use Google for a better offer.

    --
    macminer

  3. Re: Palm TX Connectivity question

    justme wrote:
    > Since I cannot call TS, I wanted to ask this question. I received my palm TX
    > today only to learn that the much advertized BLUETOOTH is only applicable to
    > a GSM phone. My old unit was a palm tungsten and I went to a dell axim, and

    i can connect my tx to my 6310i via bt. what is your problem? furthermore
    i can connect my tx to my gps receiver via bt.
    homer

+ Reply to Thread