Synch connection for Tungsten C - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Synch connection for Tungsten C - Palmtop ; I want to be able to connect my Tungsten C to the USB port on my laptop. Does anyone know where I can get a connection - in Orange County, CA, or anywhere else? I lost my previous connection and ...

  1. Synch connection for Tungsten C

    I want to be able to connect my Tungsten C to the USB port on my
    laptop. Does anyone know where I can get a connection - in Orange
    County, CA, or anywhere else? I lost my previous connection and need a
    replacement.

  2. Re: Synch connection for Tungsten C

    "Ivan Skivar" wrote in message
    news:1143009993.748705.239130@e56g2000cwe.googlegr oups.com...
    >I want to be able to connect my Tungsten C to the USB port on my
    > laptop. Does anyone know where I can get a connection - in Orange
    > County, CA, or anywhere else? I lost my previous connection and need a
    > replacement.

    I use this cable. It has both serial and usb, which can be used
    simultaneously. I use the serial for my GPS, and the USB for the computer.
    The Tungsten will also charge from the USB port, so you can get one of those
    auto-usb adapters to charge in the car.

    http://www.mobileplanet.com/product....de=M500USBSERY

    Is that what you had in mind?
    --
    Gerry

  3. Re: Synch connection for Tungsten C

    Thanks, Gerry. It is indeed what I want.

    I am disappointed with PalmOne's lack of support for Tungsten C and
    wondering about switching to Blackberry. Any advice on this?

    Ivan

  4. Re: Synch connection for Tungsten C

    "Ivan Skivar" wrote in message
    news:1143043137.293085.157450@j33g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > I am disappointed with PalmOne's lack of support for Tungsten C and
    > wondering about switching to Blackberry. Any advice on this?

    No, I'm not very familiar with Blackberry. I have the impression that they
    don't run very many applications (email only?), but I could be mistaken.
    --
    Gerry

  5. Re: Synch connection for Tungsten C

    That would be a major disadvantage as I use many applications. Thanks
    again.

    Ivan

  6. Re: Synch connection for Tungsten C

    What do you mean by "Lack of Support?" What is the issue? What do you need.
    Their website has a complete section for the Tungsten C owner. The Tungsten
    C uses the Universal Connector, so any cable or cradle from the PALM
    Tungsten, T2, T3, Tungsten W and Tungsten C is compatible. Go to
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/tungstenc/ and you can find the owners
    manual, every software update ever made for the C, the latest Palm Desktop
    for Windows and much much more. Need accessories, cradles covers go to
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/accessories.html and get all you need.
    Support forums for info go www.brighthand.com Palm spends millions on
    websites for support, yet no one cn bother to even search for help. GOOGLE
    IS YOUR FRIEND

    "Ivan Skivar" wrote in message
    news:1143009993.748705.239130@e56g2000cwe.googlegr oups.com...
    >I want to be able to connect my Tungsten C to the USB port on my
    > laptop. Does anyone know where I can get a connection - in Orange
    > County, CA, or anywhere else? I lost my previous connection and need a
    > replacement.

+ Reply to Thread