Stylus for Tungsten C - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Stylus for Tungsten C - Palmtop ; Is the stylus for Tungsten C the same as for any other Palm? Which one? My Tungsten is bought used and the former owner lost the stylus and replaced it with one that is slightly thin - it falls out....

  1. Stylus for Tungsten C

    Is the stylus for Tungsten C the same as for any other Palm?
    Which one?
    My Tungsten is bought used and the former owner lost the stylus and replaced
    it with one that is slightly thin - it falls out.

  2. Re: Stylus for Tungsten C

    In article <8g0Sf.48436$d5.204862@newsb.telia.net>, N. Essle
    wrote:

    > Is the stylus for Tungsten C the same as for any other Palm?
    > Which one?
    > My Tungsten is bought used and the former owner lost the stylus and replaced
    > it with one that is slightly thin - it falls out.

    It might be the real T/C stylus - I've had three and all of them get
    pretty loose after a while. Cheap solution: put some scotch tape around
    it to make it wider.

  3. Re: Stylus for Tungsten C

    "Kerry Stevenson" wrote in message
    > In article <8g0Sf.48436$d5.204862@newsb.telia.net>, N. Essle
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Is the stylus for Tungsten C the same as for any other Palm?
    >> Which one?
    >> My Tungsten is bought used and the former owner lost the stylus and
    >> replaced
    >> it with one that is slightly thin - it falls out.
    >>

    > It might be the real T/C stylus - I've had three and all of them get
    > pretty loose after a while. Cheap solution: put some scotch tape around
    > it to make it wider.

    I canīt seem to find any info on Tungsten C anywhere.
    Is there a big difference from the other Tungstens?

  4. Re: Stylus for Tungsten C

    On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:15:19 GMT, "N. Essle"
    wrote:

    >I canīt seem to find any info on Tungsten C anywhere.
    >Is there a big difference from the other Tungstens?

    It's similar only to T|W.
    Regards,
    Krecony

  5. Re: Stylus for Tungsten C

    __/ [ N. Essle ] on Thursday 16 March 2006 22:15 \__

    > "Kerry Stevenson" wrote in message
    >> In article <8g0Sf.48436$d5.204862@newsb.telia.net>, N. Essle
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is the stylus for Tungsten C the same as for any other Palm?
    >>> Which one?
    >>> My Tungsten is bought used and the former owner lost the stylus and
    >>> replaced
    >>> it with one that is slightly thin - it falls out.

    I gave up on the Tungsten's stylus after I had lost two. I now use my
    fingernail. Much hassle getting them from eBay (or a trip to town). I never
    lost the stylus of my M130, after over 2 years of use. If you buy a stylus,
    be wise and go for the 3-pack. If it slid out one, it will be lost again.

    >> It might be the real T/C stylus - I've had three and all of them get
    >> pretty loose after a while. Cheap solution: put some scotch tape around
    >> it to make it wider.

    Seems like a neat trick! *smile*

    > I canīt seem to find any info on Tungsten C anywhere.
    > Is there a big difference from the other Tungstens?

    I think so. Despite the same model name, they appear to differ (or evolve).
    As already pointed out, it's similar only to the T|W.

    Best wishes,

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Free the mind, the source will follow"
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux Ķ PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

  6. Re: Stylus for Tungsten C

    In <8g0Sf.48436$d5.204862@newsb.telia.net>, "N. Essle" writes:
    >Is the stylus for Tungsten C the same as for any other Palm?
    >Which one?
    >My Tungsten is bought used and the former owner lost the stylus and replaced
    >it with one that is slightly thin - it falls out.

    Look for a Palm part number P10958U. It is a multi-pack for the T|C/E/W with three styli and muliple quills for the different models.

    --
    Best Regards,

    David
    C.M. Consultants, Inc