    tia

    michael

  2. Re: remove all data

    On 2006-03-10, michael wrote:
    > I am selling my palmOne, is ther an easy way to remove all data?

    Google on "hard reset" and your model of handheld. That'll do it.

    --
    Sincerely,

    Ray Ingles (313) 227-2317

    "If you don't vote, your vote is for 'whoever wins' which is
    distinct from a vote for 'nobody'." - fishbowl

  3. Re: remove all data

    "Ray Ingles" wrote in message
    news:slrne13h58.b0r.sorceror@localhost.localdomain ...
    > On 2006-03-10, michael wrote:
    > > I am selling my palmOne, is ther an easy way to remove all data?

    > Google on "hard reset" and your model of handheld. That'll do it.
    >
    > --
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Ray Ingles (313) 227-2317
    >
    > "If you don't vote, your vote is for 'whoever wins' which is
    > distinct from a vote for 'nobody'." - fishbowl

    it did thanks.

  4. Re: remove all data

    __/ [ michael ] on Friday 10 March 2006 19:53 \__

    > "Ray Ingles" wrote in message
    > news:slrne13h58.b0r.sorceror@localhost.localdomain ...
    >> On 2006-03-10, michael wrote:
    >>
    >> > I am selling my palmOne, is ther an easy way to remove all data?

    >> Google on "hard reset" and your model of handheld. That'll do it.

    > it did thanks.

    If you have very sensitive data on that device, you should also ensure wiping
    is done at a low level. Shortcircuiting the memory already achieves that, I
    imagine, as oppose to the variety of magnetic-type (e.g. magnetic tape)
    storage. When I bought my SD card from eBay it still contained the previous
    owner's data, which gives a lesson for others to learn from.

    Hope it helps,

    Roy

+ Reply to Thread