Palm Memo application crashes - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm Memo application crashes - Palmtop ; I have owned a Palm TX for a few months now. A few days ago, when I tap or/ touch the icon for the built-in Memo app, the pda shuts off then turns on again with a soft restart. OUCH. ...

  1. Palm Memo application crashes

    I have owned a Palm TX for a few months now. A few days ago, when I
    tap or/ touch the icon for the built-in Memo app, the pda shuts off
    then turns on again with a soft restart. OUCH.

    Hot-Sync does NOT cause a loss of my memo data on my PC Palm Desktop.

    I began with the PalmOne site, but then I thought that this community
    has a better chance of getting me the answer I need. TIA

  2. Re: Palm Memo application crashes

    __/ [ davidkernabraham@hotmail.com ] on Thursday 09 March 2006 19:17 \__

    > I have owned a Palm TX for a few months now. A few days ago, when I
    > tap or/ touch the icon for the built-in Memo app, the pda shuts off
    > then turns on again with a soft restart. OUCH.
    >
    > Hot-Sync does NOT cause a loss of my memo data on my PC Palm Desktop.
    >
    > I began with the PalmOne site, but then I thought that this community
    > has a better chance of getting me the answer I need. TIA

    Have you installed any software recently? Memos (AKA memopad) always crashes
    for me if I switch to it from Noah Lite (a dictionary). No idea as to why,
    but symptoms are identical to the ones you described. Have you considered a
    hard reset? I believe that memopad resides in read-only memory, but after a
    hard reset with data loss you can test memopad in osolation, i.e. without
    add-on software. Then you strap old software back on, from the PC.

    Hope it helps,

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | "In hell, treason is the work of angels"
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

  3. Re: Palm Memo application crashes

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > __/ [ davidkernabraham@hotmail.com ] on Thursday 09 March 2006 19:17 \__
    >
    > > I have owned a Palm TX for a few months now. A few days ago, when I
    > > tap or/ touch the icon for the built-in Memo app, the pda shuts off
    > > then turns on again with a soft restart. OUCH.
    > >
    > > Hot-Sync does NOT cause a loss of my memo data on my PC Palm Desktop.

    Try deleting MemoDB and also MemosDB-PMem on the TX. You will need
    something like FileZ (freeware) to do this. Then HotSync and you should
    be back in business. Check your desktop Memos to see that they all look
    right. It would be good to make yourself a duplicate copy of your
    entire Palm folder (store it in some other directory) just in case
    something goes wrong.

  4. Re: Palm Memo application crashes

    Thanks to both of you. I went with Filez, delete files, and re-sync.
    Ut only took 2 passes to get everything back to normal, Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread