Palm Desktop problem (Tungsten E2) - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm Desktop problem (Tungsten E2) - Palmtop ; My computer had a problem and when windows (XP Pro SP2) started the D:\ drive was not available. This is where is installed my Palm data (users data). The palm desktop (4.1.4) is installed in the c:\ at the default ...

  1. Palm Desktop problem (Tungsten E2)

    My computer had a problem and when windows (XP Pro SP2) started the
    D:\ drive was not available. This is where is installed my Palm data
    (users data). The palm desktop (4.1.4) is installed in the c:\ at the
    default location.

    Problem is i had to reinstall Palm Desktop and now i'm not able to
    make it recognize D:\palm as the place where my data is.

    Any help ?
    Thank you.
    --
    Fabio Pereira Bernardino
    Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

  2. Re: Palm Desktop problem (Tungsten E2)

    __/ [ Fabio Bernardino ] on Tuesday 07 March 2006 00:28 \__

    > My computer had a problem and when windows (XP Pro SP2) started the
    > D:\ drive was not available. This is where is installed my Palm data
    > (users data). The palm desktop (4.1.4) is installed in the c:\ at the
    > default location.
    >
    > Problem is i had to reinstall Palm Desktop and now i'm not able to
    > make it recognize D:\palm as the place where my data is.
    >
    > Any help ?
    > Thank you.
    > --
    > Fabio Pereira Bernardino
    > Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
    > -- Remove SPAM before replying

    Have you considered moving the data from drive D onto a place which is
    reachable to Palm Desktop (typically under the "Palm Desktop" level of the
    tree, under progra~1)? Also consider overwriting Palm Desktop's default path
    for data with the old chunks of accumulated data. Before going any further,
    it is important that you backup (and duplicate) these files which resides on
    drive D.

    Hope it helps,

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

  3. Re: Palm Desktop problem (Tungsten E2)

    Thank you !!!

    I reinstalled Palm Desktop but when changing the data directory to
    d:\palm i got an error message saying it was used by another user.

    So i created a dummy user, deleted this directory (d:\palm ), then
    moved the dummy user data directory to D:\palm and all my data was
    back.

    What i noticed is that if you have Docs2Go, you have to reinstall so
    it appears in Palm Destop launch bar. Is there a way to put Docs2Go
    icon there without having to reinstall ?

    --
    Fabio Pereira Bernardino
    Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
    -- Remove SPAM before replying

  4. Re: Palm Desktop problem (Tungsten E2)

    __/ [ Fabio Bernardino ] on Thursday 09 March 2006 01:02 \__

    > On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 04:59:54 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Have you considered moving the data from drive D onto a place which is
    >>reachable to Palm Desktop (typically under the "Palm Desktop" level of the
    >>tree, under progra~1)? Also consider overwriting Palm Desktop's default
    >>path for data with the old chunks of accumulated data. Before going any
    >>further, it is important that you backup (and duplicate) these files which
    >>resides on drive D.
    >>
    >>Hope it helps,
    >>
    >>Roy

    > --
    > Fabio Pereira Bernardino
    > Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
    > -- Remove SPAM before replying
    >
    > Thank you !!!
    >
    > I reinstalled Palm Desktop but when changing the data directory to
    > d:\palm i got an error message saying it was used by another user.
    >
    > So i created a dummy user, deleted this directory (d:\palm ), then
    > moved the dummy user data directory to D:\palm and all my data was
    > back.
    >
    > What i noticed is that if you have Docs2Go, you have to reinstall so
    > it appears in Palm Destop launch bar. Is there a way to put Docs2Go
    > icon there without having to reinstall ?

    I suspect the only way would involve swapping of files and system registry
    entries. Nothing too trivial would achieve this.

    Glad to have helped,

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Florida is bigger than England
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E