T5 Max SD Card - Palmtop

This is a discussion on T5 Max SD Card - Palmtop ; Good Morning All, Just wondered what the largest SD card anyone has got to work in a T5 - running out of storage for maps and proud grandfather photos. I see Palmone say 2Gb is ok, just wondered if anyone ...

  1. T5 Max SD Card

    Good Morning All,

    Just wondered what the largest SD card anyone has got to work in
    a T5 - running out of storage for maps and proud grandfather photos. I
    see Palmone say 2Gb is ok, just wondered if anyone has tried the new 4Gb
    as I ran into a problem with a 2Gb card in an mp3 reader in the car
    radio ( wife now has that called installed in her Treo)

    --
    Cheers & Gone

    Charles

  2. Re: T5 Max SD Card

    __/ [ CSR ] on Saturday 04 March 2006 23:42 \__

    > Good Morning All,
    >
    > Just wondered what the largest SD card anyone has got to work in
    > a T5 - running out of storage for maps and proud grandfather photos. I
    > see Palmone say 2Gb is ok, just wondered if anyone has tried the new 4Gb
    > as I ran into a problem with a 2Gb card in an mp3 reader in the car
    > radio ( wife now has that called installed in her Treo)

    Yes, the T5 should be compatible with 2GB SD cards (unlike some
    predecessors), but I suspect that the T5 predates 4GB cards or at least
    wasn't tested with them.

    You can either learn from experience, search archives on the Internet, but
    above all, I suggest you search for that information in the Palm
    knowledgebase. Card support is something that they try to test and publish
    the outcome of.

    Hope it helps,

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Falsity implies anything
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E