Bluebooth GPS and TX? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Bluebooth GPS and TX? - Palmtop ; Anyone using a Bluetooth GPS unit with the TX? Any issues/suggestions/?...

  1. Bluebooth GPS and TX?

    Anyone using a Bluetooth GPS unit with the TX? Any issues/suggestions/?

  2. Re: Bluebooth GPS and TX?

    Hi,
    I use a Tx with a BT GPS Royaltek rbt2001.
    I have no problem : very simply to configure, to use.
    The only proble I have : the Tx is off after 3 minutes. I use a free
    software to resolve it (I use Tomtom).
    @+

    "Ken Finney" a écrit dans le message de
    > Anyone using a Bluetooth GPS unit with the TX? Any issues/suggestions/?

  3. Re: Bluebooth GPS and TX?

    "Ken Finney" aszonygya:
    :Anyone using a Bluetooth GPS unit with the TX? Any issues/suggestions/?

    I do. The one sold by Palm. It works. Apart from some NVFS issues, it is
    actually great. Both the software and the hardware. /PaulN

  4. Re: Bluebooth GPS and TX?

    What are NVFS issues ?

    On 3 Mar 2006 12:04:27 GMT, nevai@math.ohio-state.edu (Paul Nevai)
    wrote:

    >"Ken Finney" aszonygya:
    >:Anyone using a Bluetooth GPS unit with the TX? Any issues/suggestions/?
    >
    >I do. The one sold by Palm. It works. Apart from some NVFS issues, it is
    >actually great. Both the software and the hardware. /PaulN

  5. Re: Bluebooth GPS and TX?

    Stephen G. Giannoni aszonygya:
    :What are NVFS issues ?
    :
    :On 3 Mar 2006 12:04:27 GMT, nevai@math.ohio-state.edu (Paul Nevai)
    :wrote:
    :
    :>"Ken Finney" aszonygya:
    :>:Anyone using a Bluetooth GPS unit with the TX? Any issues/suggestions/?
    :>
    :>I do. The one sold by Palm. It works. Apart from some NVFS issues, it is
    :>actually great. Both the software and the hardware. /PaulN

    CRASH on quitting the Navigator. BTW, I just installed the latest update and
    had no crash yet. /PaulN

  6. Re: Bluebooth GPS and TX?

    Actually I just wanted to know what the acronym " N V F S " stood for.

    My brother in-law just got a TX with the bluetooth palm GPS.

    I use a T2 with DeLorme's BlueLogger ...

    On 12 Mar 2006 21:32:49 GMT, nevai@math.ohio-state.edu (Paul Nevai)
    wrote:

    >Stephen G. Giannoni aszonygya:
    >:What are NVFS issues ?
    >:
    >:On 3 Mar 2006 12:04:27 GMT, nevai@math.ohio-state.edu (Paul Nevai)
    >:wrote:
    >:
    >:>"Ken Finney" aszonygya:
    >:>:Anyone using a Bluetooth GPS unit with the TX? Any issues/suggestions/?
    >:>
    >:>I do. The one sold by Palm. It works. Apart from some NVFS issues, it is
    >:>actually great. Both the software and the hardware. /PaulN
    >
    >CRASH on quitting the Navigator. BTW, I just installed the latest update and
    >had no crash yet. /PaulN

  7. Re: Bluebooth GPS and TX?

    Stephen G. Giannoni aszonygya:
    :Actually I just wanted to know what the acronym " N V F S " stood for.

    It's supposed to be "non-volatile file system", I think. However, I am sure
    that some unhappy English speaking users of NVFS would creatively use other
    definitions where the letter "F" would play a central role. /PaulN

  8. Re: Bluebooth GPS and TX?

    Hi,

    Paul Nevai wrote:
    > Stephen G. Giannoni aszonygya:
    > :Actually I just wanted to know what the acronym " N V F S " stood for.
    >
    > It's supposed to be "non-volatile file system", I think. However, I am sure
    > that some unhappy English speaking users of NVFS would creatively use other
    > definitions where the letter "F" would play a central role. /PaulN

    I see a competition coming for the most imaginative (and rudest) meaning
    of NVFS ;-) I am pretty sure that we could get Shaun at Palm 247 to give
    away some prizes (you listening, Shaun? ;-)

    Greetings,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

  9. Re: Bluebooth GPS and TX?

    patniouzes wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I use a Tx with a BT GPS Royaltek rbt2001.
    > I have no problem : very simply to configure, to use.
    > The only proble I have : the Tx is off after 3 minutes. I use a free
    > software to resolve it (I use Tomtom).

    hi,

    and what is this free sw? i've a tx and a xaiox navone receiver.

+ Reply to Thread