Data transfer between two Pcs using Infrared.. - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Data transfer between two Pcs using Infrared.. - Palmtop ; HI friends, i am trying to do a hardware related application for Data transfer between two Pcs using Infrared.. for that i have to design the circuits for both IR emmitter and Detector also i have to know how i ...

  1. Data transfer between two Pcs using Infrared..

    HI friends,

    i am trying to do a hardware related application for Data transfer
    between two Pcs using Infrared.. for that i have to design the circuits
    for both IR emmitter and Detector also i have to know how i can trasfer
    data through it.. I am using serail port for the PC interface and VC++
    for the software part.. Can you help me to give the list of varius
    components needed and the concepts i should follow.. Also requst the
    useful sites...

    thank you

  2. Re: Data transfer between two Pcs using Infrared..

    On 1 Mar 2006 05:41:55 -0800, "Saji" wrote:

    >HI friends,
    >
    > i am trying to do a hardware related application for Data transfer
    >between two Pcs using Infrared.. for that i have to design the circuits
    >for both IR emmitter and Detector also i have to know how i can trasfer
    >data through it.. I am using serail port for the PC interface and VC++
    >for the software part.. Can you help me to give the list of varius
    >components needed and the concepts i should follow.. Also requst the
    >useful sites...
    >
    >thank you

    Since most modern laptops have an IR port, Windows XP already comes
    with the software needed to transfer files using that. Indeed, on my
    laptop, it was already enabled. When an IR device trying to connect
    (such as my phone) is detected, a window appears saying a device is
    detected and the application to transfer files pops onto the desktop.
    Therefore, if you build an IR device, you probably should research how
    to activate and use this feature. There is certain to be some info
    relating to this on the Microsoft developer sites.

    Stewart

+ Reply to Thread