Palm Tungsten T5 Reset - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm Tungsten T5 Reset - Palmtop ; I have a palm tungsten T5 that refuses to reset completely. After I perform a hard reset, I am presented with a screen telling me to 'Tap the center of the target'. However, after I tap it, the target shifts ...

  1. Palm Tungsten T5 Reset

    I have a palm tungsten T5 that refuses to reset completely. After I
    perform a hard reset, I am presented with a screen telling me to 'Tap
    the center of the target'. However, after I tap it, the target shifts
    and I'm asked to repeat this task ad-infinitum. I have tried every sys
    reset that I can find and I always wind up back at this screen. Any
    advice would be tremendously appreciated.

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Palm Tungsten T5 Reset

    __/ [ gig ] on Wednesday 01 March 2006 02:55 \__

    > I have a palm tungsten T5 that refuses to reset completely. After I
    > perform a hard reset, I am presented with a screen telling me to 'Tap
    > the center of the target'. However, after I tap it, the target shifts
    > and I'm asked to repeat this task ad-infinitum. I have tried every sys
    > reset that I can find and I always wind up back at this screen. Any
    > advice would be tremendously appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you.

    I have been there before, with an older model though. The digitizer may be
    excessively askew, so its fault demands a replacement. These things only get
    worse over time. You haven't reach infinity until you have had to wait for
    about an hour.... *sigh*

    Roy

  3. Re: Palm Tungsten T5 Reset

    Roy Schestowitz schrieb:
    > __/ [ gig ] on Wednesday 01 March 2006 02:55 \__
    >

    >>I have a palm tungsten T5 that refuses to reset completely. After I
    >>perform a hard reset, I am presented with a screen telling me to 'Tap
    >>the center of the target'. However, after I tap it, the target shifts
    >>and I'm asked to repeat this task ad-infinitum. I have tried every sys
    >>reset that I can find and I always wind up back at this screen. Any
    >>advice would be tremendously appreciated.
    >>
    >>Thank you.

    > I have been there before, with an older model though. The digitizer may be
    > excessively askew, so its fault demands a replacement. These things only get
    > worse over time. You haven't reach infinity until you have had to wait for
    > about an hour.... *sigh*
    >
    > Roy

    I had the exact same problem about a month ago. I returned the T5 to
    Palm who replaced the screen. Luckily it was still under warranty so it
    did not cost me anything. If your T5 is under warranty contact Palm
    immediatley and they can sort it out. If not you may need to look at the
    possibility of replacing the screen,
    Falco

  4. Re: Palm Tungsten T5 Reset

    __/ [ Falco ] on Wednesday 01 March 2006 22:21 \__

    > Roy Schestowitz schrieb:
    >> __/ [ gig ] on Wednesday 01 March 2006 02:55 \__
    >>

    >>>I have a palm tungsten T5 that refuses to reset completely. After I
    >>>perform a hard reset, I am presented with a screen telling me to 'Tap
    >>>the center of the target'. However, after I tap it, the target shifts
    >>>and I'm asked to repeat this task ad-infinitum. I have tried every sys
    >>>reset that I can find and I always wind up back at this screen. Any
    >>>advice would be tremendously appreciated.
    >>>
    >>>Thank you.

    >> I have been there before, with an older model though. The digitizer may be
    >> excessively askew, so its fault demands a replacement. These things only
    >> get worse over time. You haven't reach infinity until you have had to wait
    >> for about an hour.... *sigh*
    >>
    >> Roy

    > I had the exact same problem about a month ago. I returned the T5 to
    > Palm who replaced the screen. Luckily it was still under warranty so it
    > did not cost me anything. If your T5 is under warranty contact Palm
    > immediatley and they can sort it out. If not you may need to look at the
    > possibility of replacing the screen,
    > Falco

    There is some software which works around this problem too. I once wrote
    about it in greater level of detail:

    http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archiv...izer-problems/

    It a widely-known issue and a real notoriety.

    Good luck and best wishes,

    Roy

+ Reply to Thread