Resetting when device consumes much battery - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Resetting when device consumes much battery - Palmtop ; Is it possible to write a hack für Palm OS 4 that will reset the Palm when it starts to consum too much battery? Reason: The GSL Xplore G18 (also Zircon Z3) smartphone has a bug. At some point (after ...

  1. Resetting when device consumes much battery

    Is it possible to write a hack für Palm OS 4 that will reset the Palm
    when it starts to consum too much battery?

    Reason: The GSL Xplore G18 (also Zircon Z3) smartphone has a bug. At
    some point (after running for some hours) it starts sending continously
    and will consume much more battery (and also produce more radiation).

    Maybe it is somehow possible to recognize when that happens and then
    either disconnecting and reconnecting the GSM phone or resetting the
    device. Then it will work normal again.

  2. Re: Resetting when device consumes much battery

    __/ [ Martin Brunner ] on Tuesday 28 February 2006 12:16 \__

    > Is it possible to write a hack für Palm OS 4 that will reset the Palm
    > when it starts to consum too much battery?
    >
    > Reason: The GSL Xplore G18 (also Zircon Z3) smartphone has a bug. At
    > some point (after running for some hours) it starts sending continously
    > and will consume much more battery (and also produce more radiation).
    >
    > Maybe it is somehow possible to recognize when that happens and then
    > either disconnecting and reconnecting the GSM phone or resetting the
    > device. Then it will work normal again.

    See HackMaster, e.g.:

    http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilitie...ckmaster.shtml

    Some hacks have been written which involve the battery monitor and
    consumption. I have seen Palm application that have the power to reset the
    handheld too.

    http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/batterylog.shtml (needs X-Master)

    Hope it helps,

    Roy