Access/Linux/Palm Screenshots - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Access/Linux/Palm Screenshots - Palmtop ; http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...o-screenshots/ I am not sure what to call the new platform, but here is what it looks like in action. It seems to be GNOME-based, judging by some icons set. The Nokia 770 uses Debian with QT, I suspect....

  1. Access/Linux/Palm Screenshots

    http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...o-screenshots/

    I am not sure what to call the new platform, but here is what it looks like
    in action. It seems to be GNOME-based, judging by some icons set. The Nokia
    770 uses Debian with QT, I suspect.

  2. Re: Access/Linux/Palm Screenshots

    In comp.sys.palmtops Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...o-screenshots/

    > I am not sure what to call the new platform, but here is what it looks like
    > in action. It seems to be GNOME-based, judging by some icons set. The Nokia
    > 770 uses Debian with QT, I suspect.

    The Nokia 770 actually uses a GTK+-based environment. It also ships with
    some of the SDL family of libraries, which is great for multimedia and
    game apps, since it means less to worry about porting, aside from your own
    app. :^)

    Device Profile: Nokia 770 Internet Tablet
    LinuxDevices.com, Dec. 28, 2005

    Linux for Suits - A First Look at the Nokia 770
    Linux Journal, February 2006 issue
    http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8671

    --
    -bill! Tux Paint 2006 wall calendar,
    bill@newbreedsoftware.com CDROM, bumper sticker & apparel

  3. Re: Access/Linux/Palm Screenshots

    __/ [ William Kendrick ] on Tuesday 07 March 2006 22:55 \__

    > In comp.sys.palmtops Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...o-screenshots/

    >> I am not sure what to call the new platform, but here is what it looks
    >> like in action. It seems to be GNOME-based, judging by some icons set. The
    >> Nokia 770 uses Debian with QT, I suspect.

    > The Nokia 770 actually uses a GTK+-based environment. It also ships with
    > some of the SDL family of libraries, which is great for multimedia and
    > game apps, since it means less to worry about porting, aside from your own
    > app. :^)
    >
    > Device Profile: Nokia 770 Internet Tablet
    > LinuxDevices.com, Dec. 28, 2005
    > http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT5858395674.html
    >
    > Linux for Suits - A First Look at the Nokia 770
    > Linux Journal, February 2006 issue
    > http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8671

    ....This morning I read about the Nokia 770 getting VoIP! I still keep an eye
    on it, but it needs PIM.

    Best wishes,

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | SuSE, Mandriva, Fedora - Gotta love them girls
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E