Zire 72 Won't Detect Card Removal/Insertion - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Zire 72 Won't Detect Card Removal/Insertion - Palmtop ; Hi there I've had my Zire 72 for a few years now and it's worked just fine till recently. I've noticed that it no longer detects when I insert or remove an SD card. Even the SD card I normally ...

  1. Zire 72 Won't Detect Card Removal/Insertion

    Hi there

    I've had my Zire 72 for a few years now and it's worked just fine till
    recently. I've noticed that it no longer detects when I insert or
    remove an SD card. Even the SD card I normally leave in it remains
    undetected upon insertion or removal. If I reset the unit then it
    reads the new card fine, but not before a reset. Any ideas why and how
    to fix it?

    Thanks

    -V

  2. Re: Zire 72 Won't Detect Card Removal/Insertion

    __/ [ mulciber@sisna.com ] on Wednesday 22 February 2006 01:55 \__

    > Hi there
    >
    > I've had my Zire 72 for a few years now and it's worked just fine till
    > recently. I've noticed that it no longer detects when I insert or
    > remove an SD card. Even the SD card I normally leave in it remains
    > undetected upon insertion or removal. If I reset the unit then it
    > reads the new card fine, but not before a reset. Any ideas why and how
    > to fix it?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > -V

    Are you running any hacks on your Palm? Have you installed any software which
    intervenes with the core? Judging by 'reset as a solution', there's no
    symptom to suggest a hardware fault or interference such as the accumulation
    of dust in the slot.

    Hope it helps,

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Women blink twice as much as men
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

  3. Re: Zire 72 Won't Detect Card Removal/Insertion

    Not running any hacks, I do have Resco Explorer installed on the SD
    card and have used it a few times to manage my Palm files, could this
    have caused it?

  4. Re: Zire 72 Won't Detect Card Removal/Insertion

    __/ [ mulciber@sisna.com ] on Wednesday 22 February 2006 16:35 \__

    > Not running any hacks, I do have Resco Explorer installed on the SD
    > card and have used it a few times to manage my Palm files, could this
    > have caused it?

    I am not familiar with that software. I use FileZ to manage file, so I hope
    someone else has a suggestion to make. Try removing the software in question
    and see the outcome. Try another card if a colleague or friend has one.

    Hope it helps,

    Roy

    PS - Please quote the thread when replying. Google Groups discourages
    acceptable netiquette: http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | "This sig seemed like a good idea at the time..."
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E