Installing Tom Tom 5 on PC - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Installing Tom Tom 5 on PC - Palmtop ; When trying to install Tom Tom 5 on my PC I get the following message. No compatible PC connection software was found. Please install the PC connection software supplied with your handheld device. I have a Tungsten T5 and it ...

  1. Installing Tom Tom 5 on PC

    When trying to install Tom Tom 5 on my PC I get the following message.

    No compatible PC connection software was found. Please install the PC
    connection software supplied with your handheld device.

    I have a Tungsten T5 and it works fine and I have hotsyncd it lots of
    times and it seems to connect fine.

    How do I get passed this so that I can install Tom Tom?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Installing Tom Tom 5 on PC

    Hi,

    xe1500@hotmail.co.uk wrote:
    > When trying to install Tom Tom 5 on my PC I get the following message.
    >
    > No compatible PC connection software was found. Please install the PC
    > connection software supplied with your handheld device.
    >
    > I have a Tungsten T5 and it works fine and I have hotsyncd it lots of
    > times and it seems to connect fine.
    >
    > How do I get passed this so that I can install Tom Tom?
    >
    > Thanks

    Do you have an internet connection, and is it active? IIRC, TomTom needs
    to connect to internet to register.

    HTH,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

  3. Re: Installing Tom Tom 5 on PC

    Yes I have an internet connection. Message just comes up after I have
    selected the language, before it even installs any files or tries to
    connect to the internet. Basically, at step 2 it gives me an error
    message and only gives me the option to quit.

+ Reply to Thread