Unistalling Pre-installed applications (T/E2) - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Unistalling Pre-installed applications (T/E2) - Palmtop ; I have the Tungsten E2. There are some applications that i don't use that i'd like to unistall to free up memory. Real Player and "Web" which mostly causes a soft reset. I searched for Real* and RP* files to ...

  1. Unistalling Pre-installed applications (T/E2)

    I have the Tungsten E2.
    There are some applications that i don't use that i'd like to unistall
    to free up memory.

    Real Player and
    "Web" which mostly causes a soft reset.

    I searched for Real* and RP* files to delete but i didnt' find any.

    Thank you.
    --
    Fabio Pereira Bernardino
    Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

  2. Re: Uninstalling Pre-installed apps.

    Fabio Bernardino wrote:

    > I have the Tungsten E2.

    I've had one for almost ten days and I like it a lot.

    > There are some applications that i don't use that i'd like to unistall
    > to free up memory.

    I've succeeded in doing some of that, let me see if I can recall ...

    > Real Player

    I wouldn't be in such a rush to toss that one (more below)

    > and "Web" which mostly causes a soft reset.

    which I got rid of for the same reason.

    > I searched for Real* and RP* files to delete but i didnt' find any.

    I don't think they'll show up that way.

    When looking at Applications, tap the time and that drops the "App"
    menu. The first item is "Delete..." which shows you a list of installed
    stuff,

    As for Real Player, I found that in having a nice 1G SD card installed
    gives me almost an iPod. I might call it a pPod. I have a month's
    worth of one-hour radio programs and a couple of albums in there.
    And it works smoothly, and can play in the background.

    HTH
    ;B

    --
    Eric Bear Albrecht
    newshound at roast-busters-dot-org

  3. Re: Uninstalling Pre-installed apps.

    I find that PocketTunes is much better than RealPlayer. Makes the
    device much better than any iPod as you can do so many things on it. If
    RealMedia produced a video player for Palm, I might think about using
    it, but TCPMP is so good, I'm in no rush.

    Still can't get over watching "Batman Begins" in almost DVD quality on
    my T5... battery only!! Amazing

+ Reply to Thread