Palm OS5 File associations - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm OS5 File associations - Palmtop ; I'd like to use TCPMP as my default movie player and PalmOne Media as my default image software, but when using "Files", clicking on an image file tries to open DTG (even though I uninstalled the image libraries) and clicking ...

  1. Palm OS5 File associations

    I'd like to use TCPMP as my default movie player and PalmOne Media as
    my default image software, but when using "Files", clicking on an image
    file tries to open DTG (even though I uninstalled the image libraries)
    and clicking an .avi file tries to open Media (then gives me an error
    because it is pathetic). Clicking "Open with..." doesn't give me the
    option of using TCPMP for the video files. I can open and play them
    just fine from within the application itself.

    Are there any settings I can edit using Filez (note the "z")? Anything
    else I could try?

  2. Re: Palm OS5 File associations

    Hi,

    Robin wrote:
    > I'd like to use TCPMP as my default movie player and PalmOne Media as
    > my default image software, but when using "Files", clicking on an image
    > file tries to open DTG (even though I uninstalled the image libraries)
    > and clicking an .avi file tries to open Media (then gives me an error
    > because it is pathetic). Clicking "Open with..." doesn't give me the
    > option of using TCPMP for the video files. I can open and play them
    > just fine from within the application itself.
    >
    > Are there any settings I can edit using Filez (note the "z")? Anything
    > else I could try?

    RescoExplorer can edit the associations and make TCPMP the default
    viewer for files according to their type or even according to their
    extension. It's not free, but well worth the price (and I was an
    enthusiastic Filez user before). For example, RescoExplorer also can
    zip/unzip files better than a PC, and has basic backup functionalities too.

    Not affiliated with Resco, just an enthusiastic user.

    HTH,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft