hi,

I'm going to release PalmWOL, a Wake Up On Lan utility for Palm OS.

a beta is already available. if you are interested on testing it, go
to www.realpopup.it/palmwol, subscribe the support group, download the
beta and comment it.

PalmWOL can wake up computers remotely by sending them the so called
"magic packet".

the magic packet is sent through a tcp/ip connection to the computer
network card.

in order to work, both the network card and the computer bios must
support the wake up on lan (WOL) feature. all you have to know is the
network card MAC address (such as 4D:41:54:52:4F:21) and its assigned
IP address (subnet broadcast address is ok too, such as
192.168.1.255).

there are many WOL clients on different platforms, this is the one for
Palm OS based devices.

I tested it both by connecting to my LAN from the Internet through a
Palm VPN app and by connecting through a workstation of mine via USB
and Bluetooth (by using Softick PPP): once defined a computer ("host")
and its settings, select it, tap on "Send WOL" and watch it waking up
and booting!