When I connect as per user manual instructions, the 720 goes through
all 6 tries w/ no luck.

When I follow the 3rd set of instructions at the hp troubleshootong
website ActiveSync 3.8.0 pops up on my PC and I get the Device
connected msg on the 720. Then PC says "Connecting", then says "Not
Connected". At this point the 720 hangs and needs a reset.

I seem to get them to try, but then they fail to connect. I also have
a hp2215 PocketPC, and ActiveSync already has a relationship
established with it and that works fine. I have tried a fresh USB
cable with no joy. I have the newer Pocket PC physically disconnected
during these attempts.

Any ideas?

Jim H.