Newbie thinking of getting a Tungsten TX - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Newbie thinking of getting a Tungsten TX - Palmtop ; I'm looking to change from my aging iPaq to a Palm. I was looking at the Tungsten TX because I mainly need it for Contacts, eBooks and my GPS. Can anyone tell me (in their own opinion) if the Tungsten ...

  1. Newbie thinking of getting a Tungsten TX

    I'm looking to change from my aging iPaq to a Palm.
    I was looking at the Tungsten TX because I mainly need it for Contacts,
    eBooks and my GPS.

    Can anyone tell me (in their own opinion) if the Tungsten TX is the best
    on to buy?

    Also, Can I use my Tom Tom Maps from the iPaq version in my future Palm?

    Any help would be.....well, a help!

    Thanks

  2. Re: Newbie thinking of getting a Tungsten TX

    I've got a T5 which is a (mostly) excellent piece of kit. The advantage
    of the TX is the built in wi-fi, but apparently Palm downgraded the
    processor (and possibly the amount of internal memory?) which takes the
    shine off. I bought the T5 and a wi-fi card which isn't quite as handy
    but still works pretty well.

    The LifeDrive also has built in wi-fi and bigger storage, but is slower
    since accessing a hard drive is never as fast as solid state memory.

    If you use WiFi all the time, then buy the TX, otherwise, you might be
    able to find a T5/WiFi bundle for cheaper...

  3. Re: Newbie thinking of getting a Tungsten TX

    creffield@gmail.com wrote:
    > I've got a T5 which is a (mostly) excellent piece of kit. The advantage
    > of the TX is the built in wi-fi, but apparently Palm downgraded the
    > processor (and possibly the amount of internal memory?) which takes the
    > shine off. I bought the T5 and a wi-fi card which isn't quite as handy
    > but still works pretty well.
    >
    > The LifeDrive also has built in wi-fi and bigger storage, but is slower
    > since accessing a hard drive is never as fast as solid state memory.
    >
    > If you use WiFi all the time, then buy the TX, otherwise, you might be
    > able to find a T5/WiFi bundle for cheaper...

    I think I may opt for the TX.
    I have WiFi at home, and the company I work for has it too.

    Now I just have to see about TomTom on there.

    Thanks for replying

+ Reply to Thread