Hey Richard Bonner please explain to xTenn how powerful the DOS based HP200LX is! - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Hey Richard Bonner please explain to xTenn how powerful the DOS based HP200LX is! - Palmtop ; He has never tried one so he is convinced that the PPC/Palm is superior. But I argue the 200LX has PIM apps many times more powerful. I owned a 200LX once and also saw how much more powerful the DOS ...

  1. Hey Richard Bonner please explain to xTenn how powerful the DOS based HP200LX is!

    He has never tried one so he is convinced that the PPC/Palm is superior.
    But I argue the 200LX has PIM apps many times more powerful. I owned a
    200LX once and also saw how much more powerful the DOS quicken is over the
    lame Quicken one can buy for a PPC/Palm.

    Look on the net and see that a 32MB 200LX sells for over a thousand dollars.
    Holding far moe value than any PPC/Palm or HPC.

    Yes I agree that if you want to watch movies (as I do with my Palm) play
    music, view pictures, take pictures, sync with a modern Quicken version,
    record audio, or do other things of this nature, you will need a modern PDA.
    But for anything else the 200LX kicks butt! Especially the built in Post/LX
    app that kicks MS Outlook CE's butt and the lame Palm OS mail app.

    John

    --
    If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you.
    If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you

  2. Re: Hey Richard Bonner please explain to xTenn how powerful the DOS based HP200LX is!

    all of these 'magical' things you applaud about yet another piece of
    big-bisness's products.
    when will you lamers stop applauding big business?
    when will you realise that your own children are left with all this crap
    that
    you all so fuss about?
    how do any of you sleep at night knowing that your own kids (the ones
    asleep in the room next to you) are being left this legacy of mis-trust
    and total allegiance to "companies"?
    you are all too bent on chiming your own bells, whether it be at your
    office or whether it be at the dinner table when you eat your family
    meal together........ but I can tell you all one thing, I too was a kid,
    and I picked up on my parents vibe in the pre-teen era....... nothing
    gets past a kid, Nothing!!!1

    Stop ranting about what you all know about whatever friggin computer
    was invented first or who was the greatest at pulling it apart, .....
    start ranting instead to your wives regarding how much you 'love' your
    children.
    You smart Dos people surely must realise that what you do now is what
    you leave behind for your kids to deal with......... is this what you
    would
    want????

    later
    "John the Baptist Jr." wrote in message
    > He has never tried one so he is convinced that the PPC/Palm is superior.
    > But I argue the 200LX has PIM apps many times more powerful. I owned a
    > 200LX once and also saw how much more powerful the DOS quicken is over the
    > lame Quicken one can buy for a PPC/Palm.
    >
    > Look on the net and see that a 32MB 200LX sells for over a thousand

    dollars.
    > Holding far moe value than any PPC/Palm or HPC.
    >
    > Yes I agree that if you want to watch movies (as I do with my Palm) play
    > music, view pictures, take pictures, sync with a modern Quicken version,
    > record audio, or do other things of this nature, you will need a modern

    PDA.
    > But for anything else the 200LX kicks butt! Especially the built in

    Post/LX
    > app that kicks MS Outlook CE's butt and the lame Palm OS mail app.
    >

    > John
    >
    > --
    > If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you.
    > If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you
    > are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the

    world
    > hates you. (John 15:18-19)
    > CERM-Church Education Resource Ministries
    > http://johnw.freeshell.org/bible

    News==----

    Newsgroups

    =----

  3. Re: Hey Richard Bonner please explain to xTenn how powerful the DOS based HP200LX is!

    John the Baptist Jr. wrote:
    > He has never tried one so he is convinced that the PPC/Palm is superior.
    > But I argue the 200LX has PIM apps many times more powerful. I owned a
    > 200LX once and also saw how much more powerful the DOS quicken is over the
    > lame Quicken one can buy for a PPC/Palm.

    (Snip)

    *** I'm afraid I can't answer the question because I have never owned
    a palmtop computer.

    In general though, I find DOS powerful because of its speed,
    directness of operations, and its ability to operate programs and their
    tasks directly from the command line without having to interact directly
    with them via their own interface.

    > Yes I agree that if you want to watch movies (as I do with my Palm) play
    > music, view pictures, take pictures, sync with a modern Quicken version,
    > record audio, or do other things of this nature, you will need a modern PDA.
    >
    > John

    *** Can a DOS media player not work on one of these units?

    Richard Bonner
    http://www.chebucto.ca/~ak621/DOS/

  4. Re: Hey Richard Bonner please explain to xTenn how powerful the DOS based HP200LX is!

    > If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you.
    > If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you
    > are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the

    world
    > hates you. (John 15:18-19)

    John, its not the "message" of the scriptures that is important, it is
    getting the 'point'.
    Jesus said to get baptised, and he said it in a manner that is not
    comprehended by religion..... he did it at age 30.
    Nicodemus questioned him on this, but jesus affirmed to him that baptism
    was something that was done out of maturity and at a mature age.
    Maturity comes in many forms, but for most of us dwellers on the outside
    of this rock it is around 13 or 14, ie, puberty.
    It is at this time that a man or woman makes a 'responsible' decision in
    life
    regarding what path they will take.
    Baptism is a "Decision", not a "rite" to be taken by someone or something
    else...... ie, the catholic church.
    I suggest "john", that you get baptised by a spirit-filled person, and then
    "recieve" the gift of the holy ghost........ this will be followed by
    your
    tongue changing when you are talking to god in his pure language.

    Be well John, and try to not get angry about the way the world is going,
    as you well know, or should know, what is about to happen is going to
    happen whether or whether not you argue in a newsgroup relating to
    computers.

    wwjd

  5. Re: Hey Richard Bonner please explain to xTenn how powerful the DOS based HP200LX is!

    No DOS cant play movies on a 200LX.

    Check out this page on the HP 200LX

    http://www.daniel-hertrich.de/200lx/

    John

    --
    I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the
    salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile
    "Richard Bonner" wrote in message
    > John the Baptist Jr. wrote:
    >> He has never tried one so he is convinced that the PPC/Palm is superior.
    >> But I argue the 200LX has PIM apps many times more powerful. I owned a
    >> 200LX once and also saw how much more powerful the DOS quicken is over
    >> the
    >> lame Quicken one can buy for a PPC/Palm.

    > (Snip)
    >
    > *** I'm afraid I can't answer the question because I have never owned
    > a palmtop computer.
    >
    > In general though, I find DOS powerful because of its speed,
    > directness of operations, and its ability to operate programs and their
    > tasks directly from the command line without having to interact directly
    > with them via their own interface.
    >

    >> Yes I agree that if you want to watch movies (as I do with my Palm) play
    >> music, view pictures, take pictures, sync with a modern Quicken version,
    >> record audio, or do other things of this nature, you will need a modern
    >> PDA.
    >>
    >> John

    > *** Can a DOS media player not work on one of these units?
    >
    > Richard Bonner
    > http://www.chebucto.ca/~ak621/DOS/

  6. Re: Hey Richard Bonner please explain to xTenn how powerful the DOS based HP200LX is!

    There is nothing, that I can find, that can match the power of the
    Solver function on the HP 200LX. If anyone knows of a PPC calculator
    program that will work the same as the 200LX
    Solver I would like to know.

    A = (B*C+D-E)/F 200LX will solve for any one of the variables with the
    rest filled in.

    Terry