Hey xTenn have you tried the DOS based HP 200LX? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Hey xTenn have you tried the DOS based HP 200LX? - Palmtop ; If not I suggest you give it a try. Its clearly better than any PocketPC or HandheldPC for PIM and overall use. Its too bad its very old, but if you owned a unit with 32MB RAM, it would kick ...

  1. Hey xTenn have you tried the DOS based HP 200LX?

    If not I suggest you give it a try. Its clearly better than any PocketPC or
    HandheldPC for PIM and overall use. Its too bad its very old, but if you
    owned a unit with 32MB RAM, it would kick the PocketPC or HPC!

    The 200LX has a full quicken built in, not some crappy Pocket Quicken that
    even you know sucks when compared to the desktop version.

    Take a look on ebay and notice how much more 200LX's seem to sell!

    John

    --
    If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you.
    If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you

  2. Re: Hey xTenn have you tried the DOS based HP 200LX?

    John the Baptist Jr. wrote:
    > If not I suggest you give it a try. Its clearly better than any PocketPC or
    > HandheldPC for PIM and overall use. Its too bad its very old, but if you
    > owned a unit with 32MB RAM, it would kick the PocketPC or HPC!

    It is nice, but to be honest you can get better application and device
    support from a Psion 3mx or 5mx (and they are quicker)

    > The 200LX has a full quicken built in, not some crappy Pocket Quicken that
    > even you know sucks when compared to the desktop version.

    Just to correct you, the 200LX has Pocket Quicken (hence the jeans
    pocket logo!) which is not y2k compliant, and so will not transfer QIF
    files properly with desktop Quicken.

    > Take a look on ebay and notice how much more 200LX's seem to sell!
    >

    > John

    Stuart

+ Reply to Thread