Tungsten E--How to Delete Items on SD Card? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Tungsten E--How to Delete Items on SD Card? - Palmtop ; I just purchased a Palm Tungsten E (new old stock) for $100.00 at Staples. Then I snagged a 512MB SD Toshiba Memory Card for $20.00 after all rebates at Office Max. Anyway, I loaded it all up with all the ...

  1. Tungsten E--How to Delete Items on SD Card?

    I just purchased a Palm Tungsten E (new old stock) for $100.00 at Staples.
    Then I snagged a 512MB SD Toshiba Memory Card for $20.00 after all rebates
    at Office Max.

    Anyway, I loaded it all up with all the stuff from Microsoft Outlook
    (contacts and appointments), and lots of pictures and stuff.

    I've got a lot of duplicate pictures on the SD card now, and I cannot
    figure out how to delete the redundant pics.

    Also, I cannot figure out how to group items in folders on my SD Memory
    Card.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Regards,
    John E. Golden

  2. Re: Tungsten E--How to Delete Items on SD Card?

    You can use Total Commander with its plugin for PalmOs, Serial 1.x.
    Your Palm will appear as an external USB drive, then you can delete
    those files as if they were on your PC.

    Total Commander is a fully functional shareware file manager and can be
    downloade from http://www.ghisler.com.

    Alternatively, you can use a Palm program called Card Export which will
    turn your Palm into a USB drive. Then you can use it with Windows
    Explorer.

    /Why Tea

  3. Re: Tungsten E--How to Delete Items on SD Card?

    To delete an application from an expansion card

    1. Access the Applications launcher.
    2. Open the Menus.
    3. From the App menu, select Delete.
    4. Select your expansion card in the Delete From picklist.
    5. Highlight the application that you want to delete.
    6. Tap the Delete button.
    7. Tap the Done button.

    Note: Some applications cannot be deleted. These applications will not
    appear in the list on the Delete screen.

    Heather

  4. Re: Tungsten E--How to Delete Items on SD Card?

    "Yaw Lim" wrote in news:1138708065.675940.301910
    @g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > You can use Total Commander with its plugin for PalmOs, Serial 1.x.
    > Your Palm will appear as an external USB drive, then you can delete
    > those files as if they were on your PC.
    >
    > Total Commander is a fully functional shareware file manager and can be
    > downloade from http://www.ghisler.com.
    >
    > Alternatively, you can use a Palm program called Card Export which will
    > turn your Palm into a USB drive. Then you can use it with Windows
    > Explorer.
    >
    > /Why Tea

    Thanks Yaw Lim.

    Just before I saw your answer, I found another shareware file manager that
    works called FileProg. If FileProg doesn't do everyting I need well, then
    I'll try Total Commander.

    FileProg can be downloaded from:
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/fileprog.shtml

    Regards,
    John E. Golden

  5. Re: Tungsten E--How to Delete Items on SD Card?

    "Heather Cullen" wrote:

    > To delete an application from an expansion card
    >
    > 1. Access the Applications launcher.
    > 2. Open the Menus.
    > 3. From the App menu, select Delete.
    > 4. Select your expansion card in the Delete From picklist.
    > 5. Highlight the application that you want to delete.
    > 6. Tap the Delete button.
    > 7. Tap the Done button.
    >
    > Note: Some applications cannot be deleted. These applications will not
    > appear in the list on the Delete screen.
    >
    > Heather

    Thanks Heather.

    I wasn't trying to delete an application, rather to delete many of the
    duplicate files I mistakenly loaded on my new 512Mb Toshiba SD Memory Card.
    The free FileProg I just found enables me to do that. Hopefully, when I
    learn more about how to use it, it will also enable me to organize the
    files on my SD Memory Card better.

    Regards,
    John E. Golden

  6. Re: Tungsten E--How to Delete Items on SD Card?

    John,

    FileProg is a file manager on Palm itself. Total Commander is a PC
    based file manager that treats your Palm as a USB drive so that you can
    delete files quickly.

    For PalmOs free file manager, Filez
    ()http://sourceforge.net/projects/nosleepsoftware) is also a good
    alternative. The once shareware Palm Commander is now a freeware, is
    also a very good file manager - http://www.palmcommander.com/ - grab it
    while it's still there.

+ Reply to Thread