request for programmer's editor - Palmtop

This is a discussion on request for programmer's editor - Palmtop ; I have downloaded most all of what I could find and cannot find an editor which does not wrap lines. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places, but it would be nice if I could edit assembly code on ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: request for programmer's editor

  1. request for programmer's editor

    I have downloaded most all of what I could find and cannot find an
    editor which does not wrap lines. Maybe I am looking in the wrong
    places, but it would be nice if I could edit assembly code on the Palm
    and not have this issue. Basically, I am looking for a text editor which
    scrolls both ways, right-left as well as up-down.

    Any help?

    KeithG

  2. Re: request for programmer's editor

    On 2006-01-31, KeithG wrote:
    > I have downloaded most all of what I could find and cannot find an
    > editor which does not wrap lines. Maybe I am looking in the wrong
    > places, but it would be nice if I could edit assembly code on the Palm
    > and not have this issue. Basically, I am looking for a text editor which
    > scrolls both ways, right-left as well as up-down.


    Sounds like SrcEdit is what you're looking for:

    http://onboardc.sourceforge.net/SrcEditUM.html

    --
    Sincerely,

    Ray Ingles (313) 227-2317

    "...brute-force attacks against 256-bit keys will be infeasable
    until computers are built from something other than matter and
    occupy something other than space." - Bruce Schnier

  3. Re: request for programmer's editor

    I'll check it out. That link had nothing to let me know how to download
    it. This is better:

    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=55794

    it is a part of this group...

    Thx,

    KeithG


    Ray Ingles wrote:
    > On 2006-01-31, KeithG wrote:
    >> I have downloaded most all of what I could find and cannot find an
    >> editor which does not wrap lines. Maybe I am looking in the wrong
    >> places, but it would be nice if I could edit assembly code on the Palm
    >> and not have this issue. Basically, I am looking for a text editor which
    >> scrolls both ways, right-left as well as up-down.

    >
    > Sounds like SrcEdit is what you're looking for:
    >
    > http://onboardc.sourceforge.net/SrcEditUM.html
    >


  4. Re: request for programmer's editor

    ok, I tried it... Now, though, I cannot figure out how to load an ASM
    file on the MS card... Also the font is pretty hard to read...

    I'll read the documentation and see how it goes.

    Regards,

    Keith

    Ray Ingles wrote:
    > On 2006-01-31, KeithG wrote:
    >> I have downloaded most all of what I could find and cannot find an
    >> editor which does not wrap lines. Maybe I am looking in the wrong
    >> places, but it would be nice if I could edit assembly code on the Palm
    >> and not have this issue. Basically, I am looking for a text editor which
    >> scrolls both ways, right-left as well as up-down.

    >
    > Sounds like SrcEdit is what you're looking for:
    >
    > http://onboardc.sourceforge.net/SrcEditUM.html
    >


  5. Re: request for programmer's editor

    On 2006-02-02, KeithG wrote:
    > ok, I tried it... Now, though, I cannot figure out how to load an ASM
    > file on the MS card...


    I think you'll need to translate it to and from DOC format.

    > Also the font is pretty hard to read...


    You can load new fonts into the editor. It's a bit more complicated
    than it needs to be, but look in the manual I linked to.

    --
    Sincerely,

    Ray Ingles (313) 227-2317

    On July 4, 1951, the Madison, Wisconsin Capital-Times circulated
    a petition composed entirely of quotes from the Bill of Rights
    and the Declaration of Independence. Thanks to the Red Scare,
    only one person out of 112 signed it; some called the FBI to
    investigate the 'subversive' petition.
    - http://www.thenation.com/thebeat/ind...bid=1&pid=1108

  6. Re: request for programmer's editor

    KeithG wrote in
    news:16qdnShWJ70M5nzeRVn-hA@wideopenwest.com:

    > ok, I tried it... Now, though, I cannot figure out how to load an ASM
    > file on the MS card... Also the font is pretty hard to read...


    With a card reader. The fonts can be changed......

    > I'll read the documentation and see how it goes.


    That's a good idea.

    --
    Regards,

    Stan

    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
    safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." B. Franklin

  7. Re: request for programmer's editor

    Ray,

    Thanks again. This is frustrating... I think it is what I want. I found
    a converter to convert the asm file to a pdb. now, I want a readable
    font... It is a bit confusing. Apparently, I need a srcedit skin file.I
    downloaded BIRD and created a file called srceditskin of CreatorID
    "LedX", and be of type "SKIN". Now what. It says copy a font into it.
    I do not know how to do that. Bird does not seem to do much except tell
    me about files. Further instruction for a newbie would be helpful.

    I wonder if I could just get a skin with a readable font in it from
    someone... What a pain.

    KeithG



    Ray Ingles wrote:
    > On 2006-02-02, KeithG wrote:
    >> ok, I tried it... Now, though, I cannot figure out how to load an ASM
    >> file on the MS card...

    >
    > I think you'll need to translate it to and from DOC format.
    >
    >> Also the font is pretty hard to read...

    >
    > You can load new fonts into the editor. It's a bit more complicated
    > than it needs to be, but look in the manual I linked to.
    >


  8. Re: request for programmer's editor

    On 2006-02-03, KeithG wrote:
    > Now what. It says copy a font into it. I do not know how to do that.


    With RsrcEdit, you can open an app, select an NFNT resource, and bring
    up the Edit menu and select "Copy". Then you can open a different app
    and select "Paste". I have an older 68K Palm and can't run Bird, but I'd
    guess it'd be the same.

    --
    Sincerely,

    Ray Ingles (313) 227-2317

    "Any code of your own that you haven't looked at for six or
    more months, might as well have been written by someone else."
    - Eagleson's Law

  9. Re: request for programmer's editor

    Ray,

    I sent you a message off list

    KeithG

    Ray Ingles wrote:
    > On 2006-02-03, KeithG wrote:
    >> Now what. It says copy a font into it. I do not know how to do that.

    >
    > With RsrcEdit, you can open an app, select an NFNT resource, and bring
    > up the Edit menu and select "Copy". Then you can open a different app
    > and select "Paste". I have an older 68K Palm and can't run Bird, but I'd
    > guess it'd be the same.
    >


  10. Re: request for programmer's editor

    and now that I have rsrcedit, I have tried a number of different fonts,
    none better than the system font. Anyone have any suggestions of
    freeware programs that have useful fonts? I am looking for legible
    'ariel' like fonts or clean fixed space fonts.

    KeithG

    Ray Ingles wrote:
    > On 2006-02-03, KeithG wrote:
    >> Now what. It says copy a font into it. I do not know how to do that.

    >
    > With RsrcEdit, you can open an app, select an NFNT resource, and bring
    > up the Edit menu and select "Copy". Then you can open a different app
    > and select "Paste". I have an older 68K Palm and can't run Bird, but I'd
    > guess it'd be the same.
    >


  11. Re: request for programmer's editor

    On 2006-02-08, KeithG wrote:
    > and now that I have rsrcedit, I have tried a number of different fonts,
    > none better than the system font. Anyone have any suggestions of
    > freeware programs that have useful fonts? I am looking for legible
    > 'ariel' like fonts or clean fixed space fonts.


    This might be helpful:

    http://cgm.cs.mcgill.ca/~luc/palm.html

    --
    Sincerely,

    Ray Ingles (313) 227-2317

    "Monkeys would be harder on equipment than college students,
    but only because they're stronger." - Jim Ingles

+ Reply to Thread