Palm Lifedrive - Via Michelin software - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm Lifedrive - Via Michelin software - Palmtop ; I'm running Via Michelin on a Lifedrive with a Bluetooth GPS receiver, the problem is that after a couple of minutes of the program running it keeps prompting me to connect the GPS receiver even though it is connected already. ...

  1. Palm Lifedrive - Via Michelin software

    I'm running Via Michelin on a Lifedrive with a Bluetooth GPS receiver, the
    problem is that after a couple of minutes of the program running it keeps
    prompting me to connect the GPS receiver even though it is connected
    already. Cancelling the prompt just brings it up again in a couple of
    seconds....Frustrating problem, i've tried to do a reset but it still does
    the same...Is there some bug in the bluetooth part of the lifedrive or
    software....Any help appreciated...Tia

  2. Re: Palm Lifedrive - Via Michelin software

    Hello Richie,

    I had the same problem with my Lifedrive and Digimap and my Wonde XL GPS
    receiver. I tried several other receiver and other prgramms and the palm
    hotline, but nothing helped. In another newsgroup I found someone who told
    me his lifedrive works with a Holux GPSlim 236. So I testet and later bought
    the Holux and everything is now okay. I think the reason was the SIRF III
    chip in the new (and more expensive) Holux.

    Best regards,

    Josef

    "Richie" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I'm running Via Michelin on a Lifedrive with a Bluetooth GPS receiver, the
    > problem is that after a couple of minutes of the program running it keeps
    > prompting me to connect the GPS receiver even though it is connected
    > already. Cancelling the prompt just brings it up again in a couple of
    > seconds....Frustrating problem, i've tried to do a reset but it still does
    > the same...Is there some bug in the bluetooth part of the lifedrive or
    > software....Any help appreciated...Tia

+ Reply to Thread