SD card capacity for Tungsten T - Palmtop

This is a discussion on SD card capacity for Tungsten T - Palmtop ; Hi : Please help , anyone knows max capacity SD card I can buy for Tungsten T Thank you in advance Malena...

  1. SD card capacity for Tungsten T

    Hi :
    Please help , anyone knows max capacity SD card I can buy for Tungsten T
    Thank you in advance
    Malena

  2. Re: SD card capacity for Tungsten T

    Thank you for the info
    Malena
    "Bill Marcum" wrote in message
    > On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 03:26:24 -0500, malena
    > wrote:
    >> Hi :
    >> Please help , anyone knows max capacity SD card I can buy for Tungsten T
    >> Thank you in advance
    >> Malena
    >>

    > 1 GB.
    >

    > --
    > America works less, when you say "Union Yes!"

  3. Re: SD card capacity for Tungsten T

    For the Tungsten E2, T3, T2, T and Zire 71, 31, 2

    These devices support SDIO cards, MultiMediaCard and SD expansion cards
    up to 1GB. Because of the file system used by these models, and those
    that came before them, larger cards may cause unexpected behavior or
    not work in these devices.

    Heather
    heather.cullen@palm.com

  4. Re: SD card capacity for Tungsten T

    "Heather Cullen" wrote:

    >For the Tungsten E2, T3, T2, T and Zire 71, 31, 2
    >
    >These devices support SDIO cards, MultiMediaCard and SD expansion cards
    >up to 1GB. Because of the file system used by these models, and those
    >that came before them, larger cards may cause unexpected behavior or
    >not work in these devices.
    >
    >Heather
    >heather.cullen@palm.com

    Palm says that a 2GB card will work in the TE2.

    -------------------
    Palm Solution ID: 34080

    Maximum SD expansion card size and transfer speed for palmOne handhelds

    LifeDrive: see Knowledge Library article 39823 instead of this article.

    Because Secure Digital (SD) and MultiMediaCard (MMC) technology continues to
    evolve, newer expansion cards may offer different features, such as larger
    capacity and faster transfer speed, than were available for us to test when we
    developed our handhelds. Although we couldn't test future expansion cards with
    older handhelds during development, we expect many newer expansion cards to work
    with older palmOne devices.

    The maximum size of expansion card that can be used in your device depends on
    the model.

    Treo 650, 600 Tungsten T5, E2 Zire 72 LifeDrive and newer devices
    We have tested 2GB expansion cards with these devices and can say with
    confidence that they will work in these palmOne devices.

    Tungsten T3, T2 Zire 71, 31 and previous devices
    The file system used by these models, and those that came before them, can
    support expansion cards up to (but not including) 2GB. At the time of writing,
    1.5GB cards are available, and these will work with these devices. 2GB cards
    will not.

+ Reply to Thread