    Title: "I Have A Dream"
    Author: Martin L. King Jr.
    Type: Reference / History

    ENJOYOUREAD!

    ---
    Byron's Emporium - Cool eBooks for PDA's
    ENJOYOUREAD Production
    http://www.xecu.net/bcollins/index.htm
    ---

  2. Re: EBook - "I Have A Dream"

    Hi Byron,

    actually the GEOS version already existed. Thanks anyway and happy new
    year !

    Philippe.

    Byron Collins wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > Here's a Project Gutenberg EBook - ["No longer there :-( "],
    > I converted into PalmReader, Plucker, Geoworks Bindery,
    > TomeRaider, MSReader and iSilo3 EBook format;
    > available freely "NOW" at my web page for whatever PDA /
    > Handheld device you're using right "NOW":
    >
    > Title: "I Have A Dream"
    > Author: Martin L. King Jr.
    > Type: Reference / History
    >
    > ENJOYOUREAD!
    >
    > ---
    > Byron's Emporium - Cool eBooks for PDA's
    > ENJOYOUREAD Production
    > http://www.xecu.net/bcollins/index.htm
    > ---

  3. Re: EBook - "I Have A Dream"

    Hello All,

    The issue is the "remover" of his public domain speech
    from Project Gutenberg web site?
    I think they should put it back, like all the other historic
    documents / etext available at Project Gutenberg.

    Regards,

    Byron Collins

    ---
    Byron's Emporium - Cool eBooks for PDA's
    ENJOYOUREAD Production
    http://www.xecu.net/bcollins/index.htm
    ---

  4. Re: EBook - "I Have A Dream"

    Byron Collins wrote:

    > The issue is the "remover" of his public domain speech
    > from Project Gutenberg web site?

    Is it public domain, then?

    The text that is in place seems rather to say that Gutenberg
    considers the text to be still under copyright protection.

    If you want it back, do as they say, and contact the King estate.

    --
    Anders Thulin ath*algonet.se http://www.algonet.se/~ath

  5. Re: EBook - "I Have A Dream"

    "Anders Thulin" wrote in message
    > Byron Collins wrote:
    >
    > > The issue is the "remover" of his public domain speech
    > > from Project Gutenberg web site?

    > Is it public domain, then?
    >
    > The text that is in place seems rather to say that Gutenberg
    > considers the text to be still under copyright protection.
    >
    > If you want it back, do as they say, and contact the King estate.
    >
    > --
    > Anders Thulin ath*algonet.se http://www.algonet.se/~ath

    I'm Sorry,

    Project Gutenberg didn't leave a 1-800 phone number, email or
    land mail address to the King estate ;-(.

    I will be *Happy* to send a simple local "hometown" postcard to
    this "King estate" requesting them to allow the "Dream10.txt" to be
    provided at Project Gutenberg.

    At present, a U.S. Stamp cost - $ 0.37 cents, not including the
    cost of a local "hometown" postcard.

    Regards,
    Byron Collins
    Kentucky, USA

  6. Re: EBook - "I Have A Dream"

    > Hello All,
    >
    > The issue is the "remover" of his public domain speech
    > from Project Gutenberg web site?
    > I think they should put it back, like all the other historic
    > documents / etext available at Project Gutenberg.

    Well, apparently the speech is NOT yet in the public domain.

    Based on US law, that isn't surprising... The "traditional" rule was
    that works did not enter the public domain until 75 years after the
    death of the author. King has not been dead for 75 years yet.

    The changes anticipated to the "traditional" rule are that companies
    like Disney are trying to extend copyright even further.
    --
    let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
    http://linuxdatabases.info/info/postgresql.html

  7. Re: EBook - "I Have A Dream"

    Stanford's Martin Luther King Institute still has a transcript of the
    "I have a dream" speech online in PDF:

    http://www.stanford.edu/group/King/s...washington.pdf

    It's marked with a copyright notice; I presume they have permission
    to include it on their site. They also have audio if you'd like to
    hear the speech as delivered.

    For folks who would like to reproduce the speech elsewhere,
    they also have contact information for copyright permissions
    for the King estate at

    http://www.stanford.edu/group/King/p.../copyright.htm

    John Mark Ockerbloom
    --
    Due to excessive spam, the email address shown in this post is invalid.
    If you need to reach me by email, see http://pobox.upenn.edu/~ockerblo/

  8. Re: EBook - "I Have A Dream"

    Hello,

    Their PDF files is poor quality, I can't even open them using Acrobat
    Reader.

    Byron

  9. Re: EBook - "I Have A Dream"

    On 2006-01-16, bcollins@clarksville.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Their PDF files is poor quality, I can't even open them using Acrobat
    > Reader.

    I can. I would suggest PEBKAC.

    --
    Toby.
    field to circumvent my email filters.

  10. Re: EBook - "I Have A Dream"

    Moin Bill Marcum!

    Du schriebst zu obigem Thema:

    >["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.palmtops.]
    >On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 08:41:39 -0800, Byron Collins
    > wrote:
    >>
    >> I will be *Happy* to send a simple local "hometown" postcard to
    >> this "King estate" requesting them to allow the "Dream10.txt" to be
    >> provided at Project Gutenberg.
    >>
    >> At present, a U.S. Stamp cost - $ 0.37 cents, not including the
    >> cost of a local "hometown" postcard.
    >>

    >39 cents as of today, or 24 cents for a postcard. Google should find
    >information about the Martin Luther King Jr. estate, maybe even a web
    >site with the text of the "I Have A Dream" speech.

+ Reply to Thread