Hi there,
I'm a Tungsten T3 owner, and I've just began using a new computer
(laptop). I installed the latest Palm Desktop software (v4.1.4 and
6.0.1 Hotsync Manager). However something very odd has happened.

The Notepad "applet" within Palm Desktop is not present, nor is the
Notepad Hotsync conduit (verified by checking the Hotsync Custom
conduit list). When the TT3 synchronises with my laptop, I can see that
it is backing up the npadDB file but it doesn't recognise it as
"NotePad". At least I know that if my TT3 crashes (which it did a few
days ago), my notes will be restored (which they were!). However, I
cannot view my notes on the laptop, hence I cannot manage them on my
laptop either.

When checking my PalmDesktop's installation I noticed that the notepad
files (.dll, .ocx, .hlp) were missing. Therefore I copied the files
from a back up of my last computer's Palm installation. However, even
though I have "restored" the files, it hasn't changed the situation.

I really have no idea what I have done to cause this (if indeed it has
been caused by my own doing).

Has anybody else encountered this solution, or have any ideas how I
might rectify it?

Thank you for reading, and Happy Holidays to you all,
David.