VersaMail: Able to detach files? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on VersaMail: Able to detach files? - Palmtop ; I see how to attach files to a message, but can't figure out how to detach a file. Specifically, if somebody sends me a map or large photo I'd want to detach it so that I could peruse it via ...

  1. VersaMail: Able to detach files?

    I see how to attach files to a message, but can't figure out how to detach a
    file.

    Specifically, if somebody sends me a map or large photo I'd want to detach it so
    that I could peruse it via AcidImage (which has zoom capability).
    --
    PeteCresswell

  2. Re: VersaMail: Able to detach files?

    Hi,

    (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    > I see how to attach files to a message, but can't figure out how to detach a
    > file.
    >
    > Specifically, if somebody sends me a map or large photo I'd want to detach it so
    > that I could peruse it via AcidImage (which has zoom capability).

    In the attachment list, tap on the attachment icon (far left) and hold.
    You get a list of possible action: View, Select viewer and Save as.

    HTH,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

  3. Re: VersaMail: Able to detach files?

    Per Laurent Bugnion:
    >In the attachment list, tap on the attachment icon (far left) and hold.
    >You get a list of possible action: View, Select viewer and Save as.

    Thanks. That's the second "tap and hold" feature somebody's pointed out to me
    (the first being soft buttons...).

    Maybe after a couple more I'll have trained myself to try tapping and holding
    before looking further...
    --
    PeteCresswell

  4. Re: VersaMail: Able to detach files?

    Hi,

    (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    > Per Laurent Bugnion:
    >
    >>In the attachment list, tap on the attachment icon (far left) and hold.
    >>You get a list of possible action: View, Select viewer and Save as.

    > Thanks. That's the second "tap and hold" feature somebody's pointed out to me
    > (the first being soft buttons...).
    >
    > Maybe after a couple more I'll have trained myself to try tapping and holding
    > before looking further...

    It's like right-clicks on Windows PCs ;-) They're full of surprises!

    Glad to have helped.

    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft