Backup versamail accounts - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Backup versamail accounts - Palmtop ; Is there a way to backup my Versamail acount so that if I do a hard-reset I can restore the accounts (/W) *and* settings (/R). I don't want to rely on HotSync for this, but would prefer to save the ...

  1. Backup versamail accounts

    Is there a way to backup my Versamail acount so that if I do a
    hard-reset I can restore the accounts (/W) *and* settings (/R).
    I don't want to rely on HotSync for this, but would prefer to save the
    relevant files.
    Thanks
    PS - Using LifeDrive

  2. Re: Backup versamail accounts

    Hi,

    wrote:
    > Is there a way to backup my Versamail acount so that if I do a
    > hard-reset I can restore the accounts (/W) *and* settings (/R).
    > I don't want to rely on HotSync for this, but would prefer to save the
    > relevant files.
    > Thanks
    > PS - Using LifeDrive

    You must backup the following files:

    - MMIDCache* (I have 8 of them numbers 0 to 7)
    - MultiMail Attachments
    - MultiMail Disconnected
    - MultiMail Messages

    The way I do it, I saved one set of these files just after I set the
    accounts up, without messages, in order to save space.

    - Saved preferences
    - Unsaved preferences

    These files change often, so I backup one set every morning at 3AM.

    After a hard reset, restoring these files will give you your Versamail back.

    I also have this trick for you: When you're away from home and load
    emails, for example in an hotel over WiFi, before you open a message,
    make a quick backup of the files above. This way, if the PDA crashes
    when you open the email, and you lose your settings, restoring the
    backup will give you everything back, including the emails you
    downloaded form the server. It avoids that you have to re-load everything.

    HTH,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft