HotSync Stuck - Palmtop

This is a discussion on HotSync Stuck - Palmtop ; I'm not sure what to make of this: I have a HotSync operation that's stuck seemingly permanently. In particular, 1. I set up the files to install for a new application, then 2. Hit the HotSync button (through bluetooth) on ...

  1. HotSync Stuck

    I'm not sure what to make of this: I have a HotSync operation that's
    stuck seemingly permanently.

    In particular,
    1. I set up the files to install for a new application, then
    2. Hit the HotSync button (through bluetooth) on my Treo 650.
    3. After a while, I noticed that it was stalled in the first step of
    the HotSync process. That is, it hadn't started transferring any files.
    4. I therefore stopped the HotSync from the Treo, and waited a while.
    5. HotSync Manager on the computer (a Mac, if it matters), stayed
    HotSync'ing.
    6. I tried quitting out of HotSync Manager and running it again.
    Somehow it's remembering that it's in a HotSync state between runs of
    the program, and just continuing to wait for the HotSync to continue,
    even after the Treo has long since canceled out of it.

    Anybody know how to cancel HotSync Manager's seemingly permanent
    knowledge of a HotSync in progress (not!)?

    --

    (Preferably reply to the newsgroup, please. If you reply by Email, I
    will sincerely try to receive your message, but it will probably get

  2. Re: HotSync Stuck

    Gary Morrison wrote:
    > I'm not sure what to make of this: I have a HotSync operation that's
    > stuck seemingly permanently.
    >
    > In particular,
    > 1. I set up the files to install for a new application, then
    > 2. Hit the HotSync button (through bluetooth) on my Treo 650.
    > 3. After a while, I noticed that it was stalled in the first step of
    > the HotSync process. That is, it hadn't started transferring any files.
    > 4. I therefore stopped the HotSync from the Treo, and waited a while.
    > 5. HotSync Manager on the computer (a Mac, if it matters), stayed
    > HotSync'ing.
    > 6. I tried quitting out of HotSync Manager and running it again.
    > Somehow it's remembering that it's in a HotSync state between runs of
    > the program, and just continuing to wait for the HotSync to continue,
    > even after the Treo has long since canceled out of it.
    >
    > Anybody know how to cancel HotSync Manager's seemingly permanent
    > knowledge of a HotSync in progress (not!)?

    Oh, duh! Never mind: Rebooting the computer took care of it.

    --

    (Preferably reply to the newsgroup, please. If you reply by Email, I
    will sincerely try to receive your message, but it will probably get
    buried in spam.)

+ Reply to Thread