Unmitigated Rant: Palm's new stylus size - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Unmitigated Rant: Palm's new stylus size - Palmtop ; Has anybody else noticed that somebody at Palm took the time and trouble to make the TX's stylus just a hair smaller than the traditional (the kind you can buy a half-dozen of at any large stationary chain for a ...

  1. Unmitigated Rant: Palm's new stylus size

    Has anybody else noticed that somebody at Palm took the time and trouble to make
    the TX's stylus just a hair smaller than the traditional (the kind you can buy a
    half-dozen of at any large stationary chain for a few bucks) stylus?

    You can almost cram the traditional one in there... but not quite.

    All that engineering.... drawings, specs, new moulds..... and it doesn't
    function one whit better than the original - maybe a teeny bit less to the
    extent that smaller is harder to hold...

    What kind of people *do* stuff like that?

    Are they in league with the ones who decide where the oil filters go on cars?
    --
    PeteCresswell

  2. Re: Unmitigated Rant: Palm's new stylus size

    "(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
    > Has anybody else noticed that somebody at Palm took the time and
    > trouble to make
    > the TX's stylus just a hair smaller than the traditional (the kind you
    > can buy a
    > half-dozen of at any large stationary chain for a few bucks) stylus?
    >
    > You can almost cram the traditional one in there... but not quite.
    >
    > All that engineering.... drawings, specs, new moulds..... and it
    > doesn't
    > function one whit better than the original - maybe a teeny bit less to
    > the
    > extent that smaller is harder to hold...
    >
    > What kind of people *do* stuff like that?
    >
    > Are they in league with the ones who decide where the oil filters go
    > on cars?
    > --
    > PeteCresswell

    Interestingly, the third-party stylus I've used with a Vx fits the TX
    perfectly and "snaps" into place as if it were designed it.

  3. Re: Unmitigated Rant: Palm's new stylus size

    Per Quaoar:
    >Interestingly, the third-party stylus I've used with a Vx fits the TX
    >perfectly and "snaps" into place as if it were designed it.

    Maybe my little rant was inappropriate then.

    It was based on some old styluses I had in the drawer that I used with a Palm
    IIIx before I migrated to a Clie.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  4. Re: Unmitigated Rant: Palm's new stylus size

    "Quaoar" aszonygya:
    :Interestingly, the third-party stylus I've used with a Vx fits the TX
    erfectly and "snaps" into place as if it were designed it.

    The same with me. Both on the TC and the TX I use the same 3rd party styluses
    which I bought about 5 years ago. /PaulN

+ Reply to Thread