Shift+Del and the Palm Desktop - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Shift+Del and the Palm Desktop - Palmtop ; Hi, Shift+Del is really a landmine when working on the Palm Desktop. I've lost some important data while I was trying to copy-cut some text portions. Is there anyway to turn this feature off in Palm Desktop? Best regards....

  1. Shift+Del and the Palm Desktop

    Hi,
    Shift+Del is really a landmine when working on the Palm Desktop. I've
    lost some important data while I was trying to copy-cut some text
    portions.

    Is there anyway to turn this feature off in Palm Desktop?

    Best regards.

  2. Re: Shift+Del and the Palm Desktop

    BDay wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Shift+Del is really a landmine when working on the Palm Desktop. I've
    > lost some important data while I was trying to copy-cut some text
    > portions.
    >
    > Is there anyway to turn this feature off in Palm Desktop?
    >
    > Best regards.

    If you must disable this hotkey combination, you should be able to use
    AHK to remap the combination to do nothing at all (or beep at you, if
    you wish to train yourself away from pressing it.)

    http://www.AutoHotKey.com/

    You would just need to add a key definition to it's .ini file, like so:

    Shift & Delete::
    WinGetTitle, varActiveTitle, A
    If varActiveTitle contains Palm Desktop
    ; do nothing
    else
    Send, +{Delete}
    return

  3. Re: Shift+Del and the Palm Desktop

    In message Dekaritae
    wrote:

    >BDay wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> Shift+Del is really a landmine when working on the Palm Desktop. I've
    >> lost some important data while I was trying to copy-cut some text
    >> portions.
    >>
    >> Is there anyway to turn this feature off in Palm Desktop?
    >>
    >> Best regards.
    >>

    >If you must disable this hotkey combination, you should be able to use
    >AHK to remap the combination to do nothing at all (or beep at you, if
    >you wish to train yourself away from pressing it.)
    >
    >http://www.AutoHotKey.com/
    >
    >You would just need to add a key definition to it's .ini file, like so:
    >
    >Shift & Delete::
    > WinGetTitle, varActiveTitle, A
    > If varActiveTitle contains Palm Desktop
    > ; do nothing
    > else
    > Send, +{Delete}
    > return

    Better yet, remap it to CTRL-X which will do the desired action: cut.

    --
    Just sit through this NRA meeting Marge, and if you still
    don't think guns are great then we'll argue some more.

  4. Re: Shift+Del and the Palm Desktop

    Thank you very much.

    This was very helpful.

  5. Re: Shift+Del and the Palm Desktop

    This is the script I wrote to solve the problem (by the way the
    http://www.AutoHotKey.com/ is free!)

    Shift & Delete::
    IfWinActive, Palm Desktop
    {