PDA / smartphone with VGA output for PowerPoint presentations? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on PDA / smartphone with VGA output for PowerPoint presentations? - Palmtop ; Is there any PDA / smartphone available which can display the PowerPoint presentations + Excel / Word documents through a VGA output? Is it possible to buy an external VGA interface for a PDA / smartphone?...

  1. PDA / smartphone with VGA output for PowerPoint presentations?

    Is there any PDA / smartphone available which can display the
    PowerPoint presentations + Excel / Word documents through a VGA output?

    Is it possible to buy an external VGA interface for a PDA / smartphone?

  2. Re: PDA / smartphone with VGA output for PowerPoint presentations?

    totojepast@razdva.cz schreef (23-11-2005 17:40):
    > Is there any PDA / smartphone available which can display the
    > PowerPoint presentations + Excel / Word documents through a VGA output?
    >
    > Is it possible to buy an external VGA interface for a PDA / smartphone?

    Take a look at the following article:
    http://www.brighthand.com/article/Pr..._From_Your_PDA

    Huub

  3. Re: PDA / smartphone with VGA output for PowerPoint presentations?

    Hi Toto,
    > Is there any PDA / smartphone available which can display
    > the PowerPoint presentations + Excel / Word documents
    > through a VGA output?

    The other reply on this particular group was good for presentations
    from Palm-sized devices. My suggestion for the Word / Excel + PowerPoint is
    an IBM z50 Workpad. A little bit smaller than even the Thinkpads now, it has
    Pocket Word, Excel, & PowerPoint in the Windows CE ROM (but I don't know the
    compatibility with the applications now).
    There is VGA (640 x 480) output from it. For transfering the files in
    (there are PCMCIA slots too) you can use the Compact Flash slot (I've run
    256Mb cards as I remember). And the pricerange might be pretty good for an
    older system I've seen in venues like eBay (mine & all the stuff was under
    $100 USD).
    David
    David@IBMMuseum.com

  4. Re: PDA / smartphone with VGA output for PowerPoint presentations?

    Yes on both counts. Dell X50v does have native VGA out capabilities with
    the addition of Dell's presentation package or just the cable from
    http://www.pc-mobile.net/ax50.htm. I expect the X51 does as well, but don't
    know that for sure. There are a couple of CF based VGA adapters out there
    from Margi Systems http://www.margi.com/products/prod_ptg.htm and
    Colorgraphic.
    http://www.colorgraphic.net/newsite/..._overview.html.

    --
    Sven
    MVP - Mobile Devices
    wrote in message
    news:1132764047.764134.102230@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > Is there any PDA / smartphone available which can display the
    > PowerPoint presentations + Excel / Word documents through a VGA output?
    >
    > Is it possible to buy an external VGA interface for a PDA / smartphone?

  5. Re: PDA / smartphone with VGA output for PowerPoint presentations?

    totojepast@razdva.cz a écrit, le 23/11/2005 17:40 :

    > Is there any PDA / smartphone available which can display the
    > PowerPoint presentations + Excel / Word documents through a VGA output?
    >
    > Is it possible to buy an external VGA interface for a PDA / smartphone?

    Yes, Mergi Presenter To Go, or some similar name. It's a SD card with a
    VGA output and associated software.

    --

    Internet, newsgroups, e-mail => Netiquette
    http://usenet-fr.news.eu.org/fr.usen...etiquette.html

  6. Re: PDA / smartphone with VGA output for PowerPoint presentations?

    In article <40ahtpF19i04kU2@individual.net>, Patrick Vuichard wrote:
    >totojepast@razdva.cz a écrit, le 23/11/2005 17:40 :
    >
    >> Is there any PDA / smartphone available which can display the
    >> PowerPoint presentations + Excel / Word documents through a VGA output?
    >>
    >> Is it possible to buy an external VGA interface for a PDA / smartphone?

    >Yes, Mergi Presenter To Go, or some similar name. It's a SD card with a
    >VGA output and associated software.

    Even better: the Dell Axim X51v has VGA out natively - no cards needed.

    --
    /"\ Jan Kalin (male, preferred languages: Slovene, English)
    \ / http://charm.zag.si/eng/, email: "name dot surname AT zag dot si"

  7. Re: PDA / smartphone with VGA output for PowerPoint presentations?

    "Jan Kalin" wrote

    > Even better: the Dell Axim X51v has VGA out natively - no cards needed.

    you still need an adapter and software to do it.

    Regards,

    Mike O'Brien

    life is full of choices; choices have consequences

+ Reply to Thread