Orange (UK) Backup causes reset on Treo 650 when processing Memos - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Orange (UK) Backup causes reset on Treo 650 when processing Memos - Palmtop ; Been in contact with Orange Data support team and they have been looking into my problem. I am using the Orange Backup utility to save my Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, Memos etc. Everything backs up well but if I check Memos, ...

  1. Orange (UK) Backup causes reset on Treo 650 when processing Memos

    Been in contact with Orange Data support team and they have been looking
    into my problem.
    I am using the Orange Backup utility to save my Calendar, Tasks,
    Contacts, Memos etc.
    Everything backs up well but if I check Memos, the backup utility
    initialises and the then the Treo promptly resets itself.
    Orange Data still have no idea why. They have reset my password and done
    other diagnostics but nothing so far that can solve the problem.
    Is there a limit to size per entry in the Memos and would that cause the
    problem.
    Hoping someone else can help.
    Thanks

  2. Re: Orange (UK) Backup causes reset on Treo 650 when processing Memos

    Dumb question, perhaps, but have you tried the fora at mytreo.net? I
    have a 650, but haven't used the Orange Backup utility - I just use the
    Palmsync option to sync everything with my PC.

    Regards
    Nick

  3. Re: Orange (UK) Backup causes reset on Treo 650 when processing Memos

    wrote:

    > Been in contact with Orange Data support team and they have been looking
    > into my problem.
    > I am using the Orange Backup utility to save my Calendar, Tasks,
    > Contacts, Memos etc.
    > Everything backs up well but if I check Memos, the backup utility
    > initialises and the then the Treo promptly resets itself.
    > Orange Data still have no idea why. They have reset my password and done
    > other diagnostics but nothing so far that can solve the problem.
    > Is there a limit to size per entry in the Memos and would that cause the
    > problem.
    > Hoping someone else can help.
    > Thanks

    Use RFBackup instead. It's freeware.

    --
    JdD

  4. Re: Orange (UK) Backup causes reset on Treo 650 when processing Memos

    Joost den Draaijer wrote:
    > Use RFBackup instead. It's freeware.

    Thanks. I already use a backup to card program. Was hoping for something
    to backup online to, so that if I have problems with Treo or card, I can
    get the latest copy from the server. (I have had backups on card give me
    hassles to no end!)
    Will try RFB

+ Reply to Thread