Change default Contacts number to mobile (cell) - Treo 650 - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Change default Contacts number to mobile (cell) - Treo 650 - Palmtop ; Is it possible to have the default Contacts number that shows on a Treo 650 to be the mobile (cell) number and not home, work etc? On the T3, I think you clicked on Edit | Details | Show in ...

  1. Change default Contacts number to mobile (cell) - Treo 650

    Is it possible to have the default Contacts number that shows on a Treo
    650 to be the mobile (cell) number and not home, work etc? On the T3, I
    think you clicked on Edit | Details | Show in List. I don't see this on
    the Treo 650.
    Any ideas...?

  2. Re: Change default Contacts number to mobile (cell) - Treo 650

    wrote:
    > Is it possible to have the default Contacts number that shows on a Treo
    > 650 to be the mobile (cell) number and not home, work etc? On the T3, I
    > think you clicked on Edit | Details | Show in List. I don't see this on
    > the Treo 650.
    > Any ideas...?

    Hello CR,

    This is Kevin from Palm. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question, you
    should be able to go into Contacts > tap on the name of the contact >
    tap on the Edit button at the bottom of screen.
    Hope that helps.

    Sincererly
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out what's new at
    http://www.palm.com/

  3. Re: Change default Contacts number to mobile (cell) - Treo 650

    kevin.michaels@palm.com wrote:
    > This is Kevin from Palm. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question,
    > you should be able to go into Contacts > tap on the name of the
    > contact > tap on the Edit button at the bottom of screen.
    > Hope that helps.

    Thanks Kevin
    I know I can do that, but I want to change the default number that shows
    when you see the list when you open Contacts.
    Once you have clicked on Edit, there is supposed to be a Details button
    which you then can choose the number to show in the list. It is even in
    the "i" help file.
    I am using an OUK 1.15 Rom phone.

  4. Re: Change default Contacts number to mobile (cell) - Treo 650

    It is alleged that claimed:

    > kevin.michaels@palm.com wrote:
    > > This is Kevin from Palm. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question,
    > > you should be able to go into Contacts > tap on the name of the
    > > contact > tap on the Edit button at the bottom of screen.
    > > Hope that helps.

    > Thanks Kevin
    > I know I can do that, but I want to change the default number that shows
    > when you see the list when you open Contacts.
    > Once you have clicked on Edit, there is supposed to be a Details button
    > which you then can choose the number to show in the list. It is even in
    > the "i" help file.
    > I am using an OUK 1.15 Rom phone.

    On my Treo 650, I see +all+ of the contact's phone numbers in the list,
    not just a "default".

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    "Does the word 'privacy' mean anything to you Mr. Garibaldi?" (Dr.
    Hobbes, B5 "Interludes and Examinations")

  5. Re: Change default Contacts number to mobile (cell) - Treo 650

    I also see all of the contacts' phone numbers, Home, Work, Mobile, etc.
    I do have a Details button, which only allows one to mark the entry as
    Private, or put into a particular Category (Personal, Business, etc). I
    have a Sprint Treo. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with OrangeUK Treos
    and what differences may exist.

    Sincerely
    Kevin

  6. Re: Change default Contacts number to mobile (cell) - Treo 650

    kevin.michaels@palm.com wrote:
    > I also see all of the contacts' phone numbers, Home, Work, Mobile,
    > etc.

    I also see all contact phone numbers, followed by an "H" for Home, "W"
    for work, etc. If I select one of those phone number with the D-Pad,
    it's dialed. If it's a mobile number, I have an option to send a text
    message (still easily performed via the D-Pad).

    If I select the Contact itself, either by clicking on the contact's name
    or using the D-Pad, it opens the contact in view mode, where all
    information is displayed (only editable via the Edit button, or by
    tapping anywhere on the screen).

    But IIRC, on my prior, non-phone, Palm devices the Contacts app's "list
    mode" displayed only one phone number. Tapping on the contact would
    bring it up in view mode (similar to my Treo's view mode). In list mode
    "Show in List" was quite relevant.

    Obviously, the Contacts app has been modified for the Treo, and "Show in
    List" was removed due to it being unnecessary (albeit without removing
    the reference to it in Help).

    It would appear that the OP either has a different Contacts app than the
    one on my Treo or is not happy with seeing multiple phone numbers in
    Contacts. It would seem odd if Orange modified the Contacts app to the
    point of removing "Show in List," yet not add the ability to see--and
    dial--multiple phone numbers.

    --
    Mike

+ Reply to Thread