Ridiculously Basic Palm TX Question - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Ridiculously Basic Palm TX Question - Palmtop ; Am planning to order a Palm TX today. It will be my first one, and I'm not sure if it comes packaged with a stylus and screen protector. Are these basic components usually packaged with Palms or do I need ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Ridiculously Basic Palm TX Question

  1. Ridiculously Basic Palm TX Question

    Am planning to order a Palm TX today. It will be my first one, and I'm
    not sure if it comes packaged with a stylus and screen protector. Are
    these basic components usually packaged with Palms or do I need to
    purchase them separately?

    Thanks in advance.

    ~ Peri

  2. Re: Ridiculously Basic Palm TX Question

    In article <5_kgf.78853$rE2.8662@fe10.lga>, nospamforperi@optonline.net
    says...
    > Am planning to order a Palm TX today. It will be my first one, and I'm
    > not sure if it comes packaged with a stylus and screen protector. Are
    > these basic components usually packaged with Palms or do I need to
    > purchase them separately?


    Not sure about the TX, but the norm is to have a stylus (pretty
    fundamental really), but the screen protectors are extras, so need to be
    bought separately.

    --
    AG

    Remove removes from address to remove anti-spam measures.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alan Gauton E-Mail agauton @ postmaster.co.uk

    Never for me the lowered banner, never the last endeavour!
    (Damon Hill - 16th June 1999)

  3. Re: Ridiculously Basic Palm TX Question

    Peri wrote:
    > Am planning to order a Palm TX today. It will be my first one, and
    > I'm not sure if it comes packaged with a stylus and screen protector.
    > Are these basic components usually packaged with Palms or do I need to
    > purchase them separately?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > ~ Peri


    Stylus and one (1) cut-to-fit screen protector are in the box. Charger
    cable, USB sync cable included. Cradle not included.

    Q



  4. Re: Ridiculously Basic Palm TX Question

    Quaoar wrote:
    > Peri wrote:
    >
    >>Am planning to order a Palm TX today. It will be my first one, and
    >>I'm not sure if it comes packaged with a stylus and screen protector.
    >>Are these basic components usually packaged with Palms or do I need to
    >>purchase them separately?
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >>~ Peri

    >
    >
    > Stylus and one (1) cut-to-fit screen protector are in the box. Charger
    > cable, USB sync cable included. Cradle not included.
    >
    > Q
    >
    >

    Thank you, Q, and thank you, Alan. Will plan accordingly.

    ~ Peri

  5. Re: Ridiculously Basic Palm TX Question

    Per Peri:
    > I'm
    >not sure if it comes packaged with a stylus and screen protector.


    It also comes with a leather/plastic flip cover that works pretty well.

    Whether you use the flip cover or not, definitely take the trouble to cut out
    the screen protector and paste it on to the screen.

    Didn't do that with my Clie and the screen's a mess.

    Did it with the TX when I got it last week and the protector is already quite
    well-scratched over the graffiti area.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  6. Re: Ridiculously Basic Palm TX Question

    In message Alan Gauton
    wrote:

    >In article <5_kgf.78853$rE2.8662@fe10.lga>, nospamforperi@optonline.net
    >says...
    >> Am planning to order a Palm TX today. It will be my first one, and I'm
    >> not sure if it comes packaged with a stylus and screen protector. Are
    >> these basic components usually packaged with Palms or do I need to
    >> purchase them separately?

    >
    >Not sure about the TX, but the norm is to have a stylus (pretty
    >fundamental really), but the screen protectors are extras, so need to be
    >bought separately.


    My TE2 included a screen protector...

    --
    A babysitter is a teenager acting like an adult
    while the adults are out acting like teenagers.

  7. Re: Ridiculously Basic Palm TX Question

    On 2005-11-22, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    > Per Peri:
    >> I'm
    >>not sure if it comes packaged with a stylus and screen protector.

    >
    > It also comes with a leather/plastic flip cover that works pretty well.
    >
    > Whether you use the flip cover or not, definitely take the trouble to cut out
    > the screen protector and paste it on to the screen.
    >
    > Didn't do that with my Clie and the screen's a mess.
    >
    > Did it with the TX when I got it last week and the protector is already quite
    > well-scratched over the graffiti area.


    FWIW, I heavily used a T|E for about 2 years and the screen was almost
    perfect after that time.

    I then put a screen protector (official palm cut-out) on it and the
    screen-protector was scratched to hell after a few days.

    The protector is a lot softer than the screen itself.

    I don't have a protector on my new TX.

    Toby

  8. Re: Ridiculously Basic Palm TX Question

    Per Toby Newman:
    >FWIW, I heavily used a T|E for about 2 years and the screen was almost
    >perfect after that time.
    >
    >I then put a screen protector (official palm cut-out) on it and the
    >screen-protector was scratched to hell after a few days.
    >
    >The protector is a lot softer than the screen itself.
    >
    >I don't have a protector on my new TX.


    I think there's a random factor at work.

    A perfectly smooth stylus tip - no prob, albeit more wear on the protector.

    The slightest burr or anything on the tip and the screen gets scratched.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  9. Re: Ridiculously Basic Palm TX Question

    "Peri" wrote in message
    news:aUmgf.79084$rE2.48428@fe10.lga...
    > Quaoar wrote:
    > > Peri wrote:
    > >
    > >>Am planning to order a Palm TX today. It will be my first one, and
    > >>I'm not sure if it comes packaged with a stylus and screen protector.
    > >>Are these basic components usually packaged with Palms or do I need to
    > >>purchase them separately?
    > >>
    > >>Thanks in advance.
    > >>
    > >>~ Peri

    > >
    > >
    > > Stylus and one (1) cut-to-fit screen protector are in the box. Charger
    > > cable, USB sync cable included. Cradle not included.


    I think you will end up with the same ones i just got with a new T5 (the box
    says these are for all models).

    the Palm (so called premium) screen protectors are almost impossible to
    apply.

    3rd one i put on today still has bubbles and creases - but it was stick with
    this one or throw the T5 through a window.......

    clear enough until you use them, but you have to cut them to size, and they
    crease if you have to lift a corner to release a bubble (not that you can
    get rid of all the bubbles).....

    Bought a extortionately expensive pack with a new T5 after being assured
    they were better than the ones i had from Palm for a TE - they arent. For
    over $1 each you would think Palm could cut the things to size.

    Also - no free screen protector in with the T5 in my box......

    You would think that Palm would have sorted this after 10 years of
    practice - maybe there is a conflict of interest in that they would like you
    to scratch the screen and repair / upgrade?

    back to spending a bit more on the Boxwave ones......
    > >
    > > Q
    > >
    > >

    > Thank you, Q, and thank you, Alan. Will plan accordingly.
    >
    > ~ Peri

    --
    Regards

    stephen_hope@xyzworld.com - replace xyz with ntl



  10. Re: Ridiculously Basic Palm TX Question

    Replying to the preceding posting in this thread.....

    I had no problem whatsoever applying the Palm screen protectors. The secret
    is in slowly attaching the protector, using the supplied plastic card to
    place the protector on the screen, slowly working your way from one end of
    the screen to the other. (It's a bit hard to explain, but quite obvious when
    you are doing it.) When done this way you will end up with no bubbles.

    --
    James L. Ryan -- TaliesinSoft


  11. Re: Ridiculously Basic Palm TX Question

    In message "stephen"
    wrote:

    >3rd one i put on today still has bubbles and creases - but it was stick with
    >this one or throw the T5 through a window.......
    >
    >clear enough until you use them, but you have to cut them to size, and they
    >crease if you have to lift a corner to release a bubble (not that you can
    >get rid of all the bubbles).....
    >
    >Bought a extortionately expensive pack with a new T5 after being assured
    >they were better than the ones i had from Palm for a TE - they arent. For
    >over $1 each you would think Palm could cut the things to size.


    Forget that, for $400+ PDA prices, you'd think they could include a few
    of the right size/shape right in the box.

    >Also - no free screen protector in with the T5 in my box......


    Odd, there is usually one.

    >You would think that Palm would have sorted this after 10 years of
    >practice - maybe there is a conflict of interest in that they would like you
    >to scratch the screen and repair / upgrade?


    Yeah, that is perhaps not too far off

    --
    Warning Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.

  12. Re: Ridiculously Basic Palm TX Question

    Per TaliesinSoft:
    >I had no problem whatsoever applying the Palm screen protectors.


    I didn't either - and still have one on there. But the graffiti recognition
    gets *really* goofey sometimes. For instance a string of periods when I touch
    the screen to begin drawing a character... Dunno if it's the screen, the
    protector, or some Palm OS bug. It's not replicable on demand, but it happens
    often enough to be a fact of life.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  13. Re: Ridiculously Basic Palm TX Question

    (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    > Per TaliesinSoft:
    >
    >>I had no problem whatsoever applying the Palm screen protectors.

    >
    > I didn't either - and still have one on there.


    Well, I got the T/X that prompted my initial question, and as you all
    told me, there was, indeed, a screen protector included. I HATED it,
    though, and went out and bought a pack of Fellowes WriteRight protectors
    within a couple of days. I find them easier to apply (without bubbles)
    and MUCH easier to see through than what came with the Palm.

    Other than that, I love the unit...although I wish it had a charging
    indicator ;-) .

    ~ Peri

+ Reply to Thread