Save settings of apps in different categories - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Save settings of apps in different categories - Palmtop ; Is it possible (e.g. using Filez) to save the file that keep the categories of different applications? If I have changed categories and put some apps in "My Stuff", I would like to be able to restore this in the ...

  1. Save settings of apps in different categories

    Is it possible (e.g. using Filez) to save the file that keep the
    categories of different applications?
    If I have changed categories and put some apps in "My Stuff", I would
    like to be able to restore this in the event of a hard-reset once all
    the apps are reinstalled. Hopefullyit will save me having to categorise
    everything again.
    Ideas anyone...?

  2. Re: Save settings of apps in different categories

    wrote:
    > Is it possible (e.g. using Filez) to save the file that keep the
    > categories of different applications?
    > If I have changed categories and put some apps in "My Stuff", I would
    > like to be able to restore this in the event of a hard-reset once all
    > the apps are reinstalled. Hopefullyit will save me having to
    > categorise everything again.
    > Ideas anyone...?

    I would simply use a backup app (unless you just want a fresh start from
    scratch). There are a few free versions--and paid--but after trying
    several I settled on Resco Backup (I think I paid $6.99). If I restore,
    my device (Treo 650), is right back where it was before I ran the
    backup--naturally that includes applications and their categories.

    I have RB set to backup in the middle of each night. But if I'm about to
    install a new app, try something different, etc., I backup right before
    doing so. I've restored without issue many times, even when far from my
    Hotsync PC.

    --
    Mike

  3. Re: Save settings of apps in different categories

    Tinman wrote:
    > I would simply use a backup app (unless you just want a fresh start
    > from scratch).

    Thanks. I do backup but every now and again the backup goes dud and I am
    back at square one. If I knew which file the categories are kept in I
    could just copy that back.

+ Reply to Thread