Charger for Tungsten E - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Charger for Tungsten E - Palmtop ; Does anyone know of a device that will allow me to charge the battery of a Tungsten E while in my car? What I want is on that does NOT go through the USB port; omething that takes in 12V ...

  1. Charger for Tungsten E

    Does anyone know of a device that will allow me to charge the battery
    of a Tungsten E while in my car? What I want is on that does NOT go
    through the USB port; omething that takes in 12V and puts out 5.5V
    500mA

  2. Re: Charger for Tungsten E

    jack_w_mueller@yahoo.com wrote:

    >Does anyone know of a device that will allow me to charge the battery
    >of a Tungsten E while in my car?

    Many cell phone car chargers work with the TE. I got mine at Target for US$15. I
    don't remember the model but just look for a charger with a plug that will fit
    your TE, then check the specs. Anything from 5V to 6V will work fine. While
    you're there pick up a travel charger as well (US$10), small, light, folds up
    and easier to carry than that wall wart that came with the TE. The TE is both
    over voltage and wrong polarity protected so you won't hurt it if you make a
    (reasonable-no 110V) mistake.

    BTW, for you Z72 owners the cell chargers work on these as well.

  3. Re: Charger for Tungsten E

    On 17 Nov 2005 08:28:33 -0800, jack_w_mueller@yahoo.com
    wrote:

    >Does anyone know of a device that will allow me to charge the battery
    >of a Tungsten E while in my car? What I want is on that does NOT go
    >through the USB port; omething that takes in 12V and puts out 5.5V
    >500mA

    You can get a cable for the T|E that has a standard USB
    connector on one end and both the T|E mini USB connector and
    the T|E power connector on the other end. Then you also
    purchase an adapter that fits into the 12 volt socket on the
    car and has a standard USB connector on the other end. Now
    you can charge your T|E from your car or from your laptop.

    --
    Vic Roberts
    Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.

+ Reply to Thread