Specs and compatibility - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Specs and compatibility - Palmtop ; Hi Are there many handhelds out there that have a phono output for earphones (so that I can listen to content while on the train without disturbing people)? The tech specs I see online just seem to state that audio ...

  1. Specs and compatibility

    Hi

    Are there many handhelds out there that have a phono output for earphones
    (so that I can listen to content while on the train without disturbing
    people)? The tech specs I see online just seem to state that audio output
    'speakers' but no mention of the option to use a headset of some kind.

    Also, just how compatible are MS Pocket PCs with XP software?

    What I'd like to be able to do is run Netg Learning Studio courses so that I
    can continue my self-training while on the way to work on the train...

    Cheers all!

    JJ (UK)

  2. Re: Specs and compatibility

    If you are going to ask the same question in multiple newsgroups,
    please ask it in all at once so everyone can see and/or participate in
    the whole discussion. You got a useful answer in comp.sys.handhelds.

    On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:24:14 GMT, "JJ \(UK\)" wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >Are there many handhelds out there that have a phono output for earphones
    >(so that I can listen to content while on the train without disturbing
    >people)? The tech specs I see online just seem to state that audio output
    >'speakers' but no mention of the option to use a headset of some kind.
    >
    >Also, just how compatible are MS Pocket PCs with XP software?
    >
    >What I'd like to be able to do is run Netg Learning Studio courses so that I
    >can continue my self-training while on the way to work on the train...
    >
    >Cheers all!
    >
    >JJ (UK)

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
    Boston, MA 02116
    www.penfact.com

  3. Re: Specs and compatibility

    wrote in message
    > If you are going to ask the same question in multiple newsgroups,
    > please ask it in all at once so everyone can see and/or participate in
    > the whole discussion. You got a useful answer in comp.sys.handhelds.

    Well, it's an approach I considered and have used before but there's quite a
    high likelyhood to get people moaning about cross-posting...

    I can't win!

    ;-)

    JJ (UK)

  4. Re: Specs and compatibility

    On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:25:35 GMT, "JJ \(UK\)" wrote:

    > wrote in message
    >> If you are going to ask the same question in multiple newsgroups,
    >> please ask it in all at once so everyone can see and/or participate in
    >> the whole discussion. You got a useful answer in comp.sys.handhelds.

    >Well, it's an approach I considered and have used before but there's quite a
    >high likelyhood to get people moaning about cross-posting...

    That is likely to happen when you post to many and/or largely
    non-overlapping newsgroups. I have rarely, if ever, seen complaints
    when someone posts to 2 or 3 related groups simultaneously. I _have_
    seen several complaints like mine from at least 2 other people.

    >I can't win!

    Sigh. Fortunately, most folks who populate newsgroups (at least the
    ones I frequent) are tolerant and cooperative. We may chastise each
    other and/or cringe at behavior we don't like, but mostly we seem to
    tolerate various styles and/or choose groups populated by folks with
    styles we like.

    >;-)
    >
    >JJ (UK)

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP