Cannot get WiFi connection with LifeDrive - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Cannot get WiFi connection with LifeDrive - Palmtop ; I have two Macs that happily share a Linksys WRT54GC wireless router as their path of connection to the internet. I would like to configure my LifeDrive to do the same, but have been unsuccessful in doing so. The LifeDrive ...

  1. Cannot get WiFi connection with LifeDrive

    I have two Macs that happily share a Linksys WRT54GC wireless router as their
    path of connection to the internet. I would like to configure my LifeDrive to
    do the same, but have been unsuccessful in doing so. The LifeDrive recognizes
    the Linksys and appears to be trying to establish a connection but after
    about a half of a minute it gives up. The Linksys uses WPA Personal
    protection.

    Any help/suggestions/etc. will be greatly appreciated

    --
    James L. Ryan -- TaliesinSoft

  2. Re: Cannot get WiFi connection with LifeDrive

    TaliesinSoft wrote:
    > I have two Macs that happily share a Linksys WRT54GC wireless router
    > as their path of connection to the internet. I would like to
    > configure my LifeDrive to do the same, but have been unsuccessful in
    > doing so. The LifeDrive recognizes the Linksys and appears to be
    > trying to establish a connection but after about a half of a minute
    > it gives up. The Linksys uses WPA Personal protection.
    >
    > Any help/suggestions/etc. will be greatly appreciated

    Have you "configured" the connection with the key? Even though it has
    not connected, you can still access the network configuration through
    the wifi setup, set the security type and key, etc.

  3. Re: Cannot get WiFi connection with LifeDrive

    On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:03:23 -0600, Quaoar wrote
    (in article <4_ydndx-5ulTm-feRVn-sw@comcast.com>):

    > TaliesinSoft wrote:
    >> I have two Macs that happily share a Linksys WRT54GC wireless router
    >> as their path of connection to the internet. I would like to
    >> configure my LifeDrive to do the same, but have been unsuccessful in
    >> doing so. The LifeDrive recognizes the Linksys and appears to be
    >> trying to establish a connection but after about a half of a minute
    >> it gives up. The Linksys uses WPA Personal protection.
    >>
    >> Any help/suggestions/etc. will be greatly appreciated

    > Have you "configured" the connection with the key? Even though it has
    > not connected, you can still access the network configuration through
    > the wifi setup, set the security type and key, etc.

    Yes, before posting the above I configured the connection with the key and
    couldn't connect. Since posting I've taken the LifeDrive to a place with
    public wifi and had no problem connecting. So, there must be something about
    the Linksys that's making things difficult.

    --
    James L. Ryan -- TaliesinSoft

  4. Re: Cannot get WiFi connection with LifeDrive

    TaliesinSoft wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:03:23 -0600, Quaoar wrote
    > (in article <4_ydndx-5ulTm-feRVn-sw@comcast.com>):
    >
    >> TaliesinSoft wrote:
    >>> I have two Macs that happily share a Linksys WRT54GC wireless router
    >>> as their path of connection to the internet. I would like to
    >>> configure my LifeDrive to do the same, but have been unsuccessful in
    >>> doing so. The LifeDrive recognizes the Linksys and appears to be
    >>> trying to establish a connection but after about a half of a minute
    >>> it gives up. The Linksys uses WPA Personal protection.
    >>>
    >>> Any help/suggestions/etc. will be greatly appreciated

    >> Have you "configured" the connection with the key? Even though it
    >> has not connected, you can still access the network configuration
    >> through the wifi setup, set the security type and key, etc.

    > Yes, before posting the above I configured the connection with the
    > key and couldn't connect. Since posting I've taken the LifeDrive to a
    > place with public wifi and had no problem connecting. So, there must
    > be something about the Linksys that's making things difficult.

    MAC address filtering?

  5. Re: Cannot get WiFi connection with LifeDrive

    TaliesinSoft napisaƂ(a):
    >>>Any help/suggestions/etc. will be greatly appreciated

    >>Have you "configured" the connection with the key? Even though it has
    >>not connected, you can still access the network configuration through
    >>the wifi setup, set the security type and key, etc.

    > Yes, before posting the above I configured the connection with the key and
    > couldn't connect. Since posting I've taken the LifeDrive to a place with
    > public wifi and had no problem connecting. So, there must be something about
    > the Linksys that's making things difficult.

    With Linksys WRT54GS and Palm TX everything is fine. Should be similar
    enough

    Regards
    Michal

+ Reply to Thread