volksFORTH System Preview for Atari Portfolio Palmtop Computer - Palmtop

This is a discussion on volksFORTH System Preview for Atari Portfolio Palmtop Computer - Palmtop ; Hello, There is an (incompelete, preview) version of a volksFORTH System adapted for the Atari Portfolio Palmtop. Implemented so far: * Atari Portfolio Video BIOS Enhancements * adapted version of "words" * adapted Statusline * Simple Editor (very very simple) ...

  1. volksFORTH System Preview for Atari Portfolio Palmtop Computer

    Hello,

    There is an (incompelete, preview) version of a volksFORTH System adapted
    for the Atari Portfolio Palmtop.

    Implemented so far:

    * Atari Portfolio Video BIOS Enhancements
    * adapted version of "words"
    * adapted Statusline
    * Simple Editor (very very simple)

    ToDo:

    * Atari Portfolio Screen Editor
    * adapt more display words "list ..."
    * Portfolio AES Support
    * Portfolio INT60/INT61 Support words
    * Portfolio Timer Support

    You need the main volksFORTH MS-DOS Package to use the Atari Portfolio
    extensions.

    Download at
    http://volksforth.sourceforge.net/

    Carsten Strotmann

  2. Re: volksFORTH System Preview for Atari Portfolio Palmtop Computer

    Hello, Carsten!

    Great effort! Thanks. I tried it, and have a few remarks/suggestions.

    - the statusline shows a stack depth 1 to small (i.e. -1 when it's
    empty ;-)
    - screen space is that precious! Wouldn't it be better to leave the
    status line away completely and just provide a word to get all these
    status information?
    - until you have a screen editor: just provide a word 'llist' or
    something, where you give the starting line and then the concerning 8
    lines are displayed (should be simple, I think, but I don't have the
    necessary insight yet)
    - 'makefile count.fb 20 more' should work, correct? I always get 'Disk
    voll' from that :-( The same is true with the original 'volks4th' ...:
    there are 65536 Bytes free.

    Gruss,
    Christoph.

+ Reply to Thread