RealOne RealPlayer freezes Zire 31? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on RealOne RealPlayer freezes Zire 31? - Palmtop ; My wife is having problems with RealOne RealPlayer on her Zire 31. Every now and then, it causes a complete, total, utter, absolute freeze. She can't even use the reset hole in the back. She has to let it sit ...

  1. RealOne RealPlayer freezes Zire 31?

    My wife is having problems with RealOne RealPlayer on her Zire 31. Every
    now and then, it causes a complete, total, utter, absolute freeze. She
    can't even use the reset hole in the back. She has to let it sit until
    the battery runs down completely and then recharge it, and in the course
    of doing this, she loses all her data. This has only happened three
    times (and she doesn't have that mental habit of saying "what was I just
    doing when this all went south?"), but she thinks it may have something
    to do with trying to change playlists. Anyway, here's what we've got:

    Zire 31
    Palm OS version 5.2.8
    RealOne version 1.1.0
    RealLib version 1.0 (I assume this is part of the package?)

    RealOne's website has a version 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 available for Windows
    only. (We're on a Mac.) I wasn't able to find a zip file for download,
    only an exe file. And I wasn't able to find any earlier versions
    anywhere.

    Can anyone help us figure this out? TIA-

  2. Re: RealOne RealPlayer freezes Zire 31?

    mingv wrote in

    > My wife is having problems with RealOne RealPlayer on her Zire 31.
    > Every now and then, it causes a complete, total, utter, absolute
    > freeze. She can't even use the reset hole in the back. She has to let
    > it sit until the battery runs down completely and then recharge it,
    > and in the course of doing this, she loses all her data. This has only
    > happened three times (and she doesn't have that mental habit of saying
    > "what was I just doing when this all went south?"), but she thinks it
    > may have something to do with trying to change playlists. Anyway,
    > here's what we've got:
    >
    > Zire 31
    > Palm OS version 5.2.8
    > RealOne version 1.1.0
    > RealLib version 1.0 (I assume this is part of the package?)
    >
    > RealOne's website has a version 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 available for Windows
    > only. (We're on a Mac.) I wasn't able to find a zip file for download,
    > only an exe file. And I wasn't able to find any earlier versions
    > anywhere.
    >
    > Can anyone help us figure this out? TIA-

    If you are just needing it for an mp3 player, try the FREE DioPlayer
    from www.diotek.co.kr . I have found it much better than Real Player
    (which I refuse to use :-) )

    El Gee Www.mistergeek.com <><
    Know Christ, Know Peace -- No Christ, No Peace
    Remove .yourhat to reply