Can't Categorize Stuff on Card? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Can't Categorize Stuff on Card? - Palmtop ; Is there a way to put programs on an SDIO card into categories? Perhaps I'm missing something, but 1. PalmOS appears to display the card as its own category, and, 2. When you do the menu pick to select categories ...

  1. Can't Categorize Stuff on Card?

    Is there a way to put programs on an SDIO card into categories? Perhaps
    I'm missing something, but
    1. PalmOS appears to display the card as its own category, and,
    2. When you do the menu pick to select categories for programs, it
    shows only programs on the internal memory and not those on the
    card.

    Thanks for the ideas!

    --

    (Preferably reply to the newsgroup, please. If you reply by Email, I
    will sincerely try to receive your message, but it will probably get

  2. Re: Can't Categorize Stuff on Card?

    Gary Morrison schreef (7-11-2005 12:29):
    > Is there a way to put programs on an SDIO card into categories? Perhaps
    > I'm missing something, but
    > 1. PalmOS appears to display the card as its own category, and,
    > 2. When you do the menu pick to select categories for programs, it
    > shows only programs on the internal memory and not those on the
    > card.

    Try using a 3rd party launcher application (for instance ZLauncher).
    These programs do categorise SD-card and internal memory programs, but
    the skin might look different then what you are used to know.

    Huub

  3. Re: Can't Categorize Stuff on Card?

    Huub wrote:

    > Try using a 3rd party launcher application (for instance ZLauncher).
    > These programs do categorise SD-card and internal memory programs, but
    > the skin might look different then what you are used to know.

    Ah, interesting. I'll look into it. Thanks for the tip!

    --

    (Preferably reply to the newsgroup, please. If you reply by Email, I
    will sincerely try to receive your message, but it will probably get
    buried in spam.)

  4. Re: Can't Categorize Stuff on Card?

    Gary Morrison wrote in news:BGSbf.79864$GQ.19241
    @tornado.texas.rr.com:

    > Huub wrote:
    >
    >> Try using a 3rd party launcher application (for instance ZLauncher).
    >> These programs do categorise SD-card and internal memory programs, but
    >> the skin might look different then what you are used to know.

    > Ah, interesting. I'll look into it. Thanks for the tip!

    Also take a look at LauncherX. It's the one I prefer, but there are a
    number of launchers around, with different strengths and weaknesses. Most
    offer free trial versions.

    --
    Regards,

    Stan

    safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." B. Franklin

+ Reply to Thread