the TX - not so good - Palmtop

This is a discussion on the TX - not so good - Palmtop ; "Andrew Wong" aszonygya: :Thanks, but I can't reproduce the Memos bug on the T3 as it :doesn't have a focusing ring. Do you have another example? Sorry, I was speaking of the TX. I found some on the T3 too ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 26 of 26

  1. Re: the TX - not so good

    "Andrew Wong" aszonygya:
    :Thanks, but I can't reproduce the Memos bug on the T3 as it
    :doesn't have a focusing ring. Do you have another example?

    Sorry, I was speaking of the TX. I found some on the T3 too but I don't
    remember it now. I never had a T3, just the simulator. Some of the bugs are
    related to the slider. /Paul

  2. Re: the TX - not so good

    "Tere" aszonygya:
    :Pardon my ignorance, but what is the DIA and focusing ring?

    DIA = dynamic input area = the thingie on the buttom of the screen which can
    be made to disappear = dynamic graffiti area/keyboard

    focusing ring = the colored ring around an object which gets activated if
    the 5-way enter is pressed.

    /PaulN

  3. Re: the TX - not so good

    "Andrew Wong" aszonygya:
    :> Pardon my ignorance, but what is the DIA and focusing ring?
    :
    IA stands for Dynamic Input Area and is the collapsible Grafffiti area
    n the T3, T5, LifeDrive, TX, Zodiac, etc.
    :
    :I'm not 100% sure about focusing ring, but I think Paul is referring to
    :the light blue highlighting around screen elements that lets you select
    :buttons, etc. with the 5-way navigator on the T5, LifeDrive and TX.

    Yep. /PaulN

  4. Re: the TX - not so good

    Cal aszonygya:
    :>In Blazer, the graffiti state icon doesn't get repositioned when the DIA
    :>moves.
    :>
    :>In Blazer, auto-download of e-mail always crashes on my Palm.
    :
    :I have no idea what your saying here. What graffiti state icon? You
    :mean the icon in the bar at the bottom and if its lit up or not. I'm
    :guessing your talking about something else.

    The little square which shows if you have capital letter/numeric input/etc
    set. It is on the screen itself.

    :In another post on this topic you mention blazer and how the cache
    :works. I've not used blazer much yet but ya. That not right. Its
    :like its not even useing the cache but re downloading the page
    :everytime and you end up at the top of the page whenever you go back a
    age.

    :How do I set the cache size?

    I am not sure if you can set it.

    :What other browsers are there? I'd like to try some of them out.

    I checked1 Xio [spelling?] but I didn't like that it doesn't use high
    resolution fonts. That was my only complaint. Oh yes, one more. It asks to
    many questions such as: should I download now?

    :A quick google search shows several programs already out that remap
    :all the keys no problem. And another that convertes the find icon to
    :a home icon instead. But that last one (SharkTXFix) seems to crash
    :the tx from time to time. I was getting about 5 crashes a day. So I
    :removed it and I'm running perfect again. Hopefully he fixes that
    :because I'd like to change that find icon back into a home one on the
    :little status bar. ( a word of caution on this, Its not a standard
    :install nor can it be removed in the standard way, its not hard, just
    :read up on it before you do it.)

    Chack out my pToolSet [small print...] which allows extra tap actions for the
    status/control bar.

    /PaulN

  5. Re: the TX - not so good

    Cal wrote:
> [...]

    > everytime and you end up at the top of the page whenever you go back a
    > page.
    >
    > How do I set the cache size?
    >
    > What other browsers are there? I'd like to try some of them out.
    >

    > Other thoughts I've had about the Palm TX since I got it.......
    > Consider this a mini review.
    >
    > I've not looked for it but in playing around with Blazer tonight I
    > think I'd like the landscape view to have the hard buttons on the
    > right hand side for scrolling. Changing to a left hand view in the
    > prefference does this but then the DIA is on the left. I want it on
    > the right. I wonder if there is something that would flip the screen
    > of the brower only and leave everything else alone. I think I'll look
    > for such a thing tomorrow.
    >
    > I love the extra screen room and the popup writing area can be changed
    > in several ways. I don't remember what the defaults where but I
    > changed it to have the home,documents(the doc to go stuff) ,hotsync
    > and find icons.
    >
    > Regarding the home icon.
    >
    > I saw that other palms have it in the little status bar at the bottom.
    > The TX replaces this with the Find Icon. I'm aware that pressing the
    > far left key toggles between your favorites and the launcher.
    >
    > A quick google search shows several programs already out that remap
    > all the keys no problem. And another that convertes the find icon to
    > a home icon instead. But that last one (SharkTXFix) seems to crash
    > the tx from time to time. I was getting about 5 crashes a day. So I
    > removed it and I'm running perfect again. Hopefully he fixes that
    > because I'd like to change that find icon back into a home one on the
    > little status bar. ( a word of caution on this, Its not a standard
    > install nor can it be removed in the standard way, its not hard, just
    > read up on it before you do it.)
    >
    > I like the 5 way joystick on the Zire 71 better then the 5 way on the
    > TX. Or at least I did. After a week of using it I like this style as
    > well. I love the way the TX can pretty much do anything in any app
    > with just the 5 way and nothing else. Thats great and seems very
    > natural.
    >
    > Wi-Fi was a snap to setup with full encription and works great. I do
    > all my hotsyncing via Wi-Fi. You can setup your network connectins
    > indepently of each other so setup your home one using a static ip so
    > it connects faster by skipping the 3-4 seconds it takes to request an
    > IP from your home network. It will still default to DHCP when visting
    > someone elses WI-FI.
    >
    > I've never used bluetooth before but my brother in law has a bluetooth
    > phone. It took us about 30 seconds to setup a link and start
    > transfering pics and contact info and so forth. I'm impressed.
    >
    > It was pretty funny when I used the TX to make his cell phone call my
    > cell phone.
    >
    > Overall I'm very impressed with the TX. It was a very good buy.

  6. Re: the TX - not so good

    On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 14:24:05 -0600, David Tiktin
    wrote:

    >On 02 Nov 2005, 2me@PaulComputing.com (Paul Nevai) wrote:
    >
    >> I had great expectations from the TX...

    >[snip]
    >
    >> EXAMPLE. In VersaMail when you send a message and pick an address
    >> using contacts, an extra ";" gets appended to the end of the
    >> address which makes the address invalid. You need to delete it.

    >I just tried it on my brand new TX. No extra ";" with either a single
    >of multiple addresses. Works just fine as far as I can see.
    >
    >Dave

    I wonder if it's something like contacts exported from Outlook having
    an extra ; . I have seen this cause problems in Outlook itself.

    Rich
    --
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    --Robert A. Heinlein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2