Application Category Changer - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Application Category Changer - Palmtop ; Hi! Everytime I try to do something of the main menu of the Palm Launcher (like Info, Beam, Delete, ...) I get a message "Memmory allocation" and my Palm restarts. Is there any other software for changing the category of ...

  1. Application Category Changer

    Hi!

    Everytime I try to do something of the main menu of the Palm Launcher
    (like Info, Beam, Delete, ...) I get a message "Memmory allocation" and
    my Palm restarts.

    Is there any other software for changing the category of the Palm
    applications? The only really disturbing thing is that I can't change
    the application's categories. I tried some other launchers but most of
    them have their own category database wich is not the same like the one
    of the Palm Launcher.

    Any possibility to change this?

  2. Re: Application Category Changer

    Martin Brunner wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > Everytime I try to do something of the main menu of the Palm Launcher
    > (like Info, Beam, Delete, ...) I get a message "Memmory allocation" and
    > my Palm restarts.

    I had this same problem on my previous Palm, running OS 3.5.1. It was
    due to one particular non-English 'novelty' application I had installed.
    You might want to try temporarily removing applications that you don't
    use often to see if removing one makes the error go away.

    Also, I'm not sure but I think the TealDesktop launcher uses the same
    category database as the default launcher.

  3. Re: Application Category Changer

    Dekaritae schrieb:

    >Also, I'm not sure but I think the TealDesktop launcher uses the same
    >category database as the default launcher.

    Unfortunately not. I have no idea which problem there is so either I
    need to figure out in which file the categories are saved or maybe there
    is an alternate application for changing the standard categories.

  4. Re: Application Category Changer

    Dekaritae schrieb:

    >> Everytime I try to do something of the main menu of the Palm Launcher
    >> (like Info, Beam, Delete, ...) I get a message "Memmory allocation" and
    >> my Palm restarts.

    >I had this same problem on my previous Palm, running OS 3.5.1. It was
    >due to one particular non-English 'novelty' application I had installed.
    >You might want to try temporarily removing applications that you don't
    >use often to see if removing one makes the error go away.

    Ok I now tried and as far as I figured out yet this seems to happen when
    there are more than 254 Databases on the Palm.

    So I cannot fix this unless I have a Programm that can do the same.

+ Reply to Thread