"Total alert, fatal exception." in Web Pro v3.0 and Tungsten C Handheld - Palmtop

This is a discussion on "Total alert, fatal exception." in Web Pro v3.0 and Tungsten C Handheld - Palmtop ; Hello all. Does anyone know why this "Total alert, fatal exception." error now comes up in Web Pro v3.0 and Tungsten C Handheld? I am trying to fix someone's old PDA. He showed me Web Pro v3.0 loading a few ...

  1. "Total alert, fatal exception." in Web Pro v3.0 and Tungsten C Handheld

    Hello all.

    Does anyone know why this "Total alert, fatal exception." error now
    comes up in Web Pro v3.0 and Tungsten C Handheld? I am trying to fix
    someone's old PDA.

    He showed me Web Pro v3.0 loading a few Web sites. Google was fine, but
    news sites crashes hard with "Total alert, fatal exception." and must
    use the reset to reboot the PDA.

    Thank you in advance.
    --
    "It's kind of an insane case ... 6,000 ants dressed up as rice and robbed a Chinese restaurant." --Steven Wright
    /\___/\
    | |o o| | and http://aqfl.net (Ant's Quality Foraged Links/AQFL)
    ( )

  2. Re: "Total alert, fatal exception." in Web Pro v3.0 and Tungsten C Handheld

    In comp.sys.palmtops.pilot ANTant@zimage.com wrote:
    > Hello all.

    > Does anyone know why this "Total alert, fatal exception." error now
    > comes up in Web Pro v3.0 and Tungsten C Handheld? I am trying to fix
    > someone's old PDA.

    > He showed me Web Pro v3.0 loading a few Web sites. Google was fine, but
    > news sites crashes hard with "Total alert, fatal exception." and must
    > use the reset to reboot the PDA.

    > Thank you in advance.

    More information, but still unresolved.

    Regular Web browser (the basic one that comes with PDA) works fine.
    Clearing caches, cookies, etc. in Web Pro v3.0 did not help. There is
    about 6 MB of free memory available so this document on
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=22606
    does not fix the problem.

    Any ideas? Thank you in advance.
    --
    "It's kind of an insane case ... 6,000 ants dressed up as rice and robbed a Chinese restaurant." --Steven Wright
    /\___/\
    | |o o| | and http://aqfl.net (Ant's Quality Foraged Links/AQFL)
    ( )

  3. Re: "Total alert, fatal exception." in Web Pro v3.0 and Tungsten C Handheld

    In comp.sys.palmtops.pilot ANTant@zimage.com wrote:
    > In comp.sys.palmtops.pilot ANTant@zimage.com wrote:
    > > Hello all.

    > > Does anyone know why this "Total alert, fatal exception." error now
    > > comes up in Web Pro v3.0 and Tungsten C Handheld? I am trying to fix
    > > someone's old PDA.

    > > He showed me Web Pro v3.0 loading a few Web sites. Google was fine, but
    > > news sites crashes hard with "Total alert, fatal exception." and must
    > > use the reset to reboot the PDA.

    > > Thank you in advance.

    > More information, but still unresolved.

    > Regular Web browser (the basic one that comes with PDA) works fine.
    > Clearing caches, cookies, etc. in Web Pro v3.0 did not help. There is
    > about 6 MB of free memory available so this document on
    > http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=22606
    > does not fix the problem.

    > Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

    Another follow-up. I posted on Palm's forum due to lack of replies in the
    newsgroups. Someone suggested to do a hard reset and resynch. Is that really
    a good idea and safe just to fix this one software issue? That is like
    reformatting my computer HDD just to fix a software issue.

    Thank you in advance.
    --
    "It's kind of an insane case ... 6,000 ants dressed up as rice and robbed a Chinese restaurant." --Steven Wright
    /\___/\
    | |o o| | and http://aqfl.net (Ant's Quality Foraged Links/AQFL)
    ( )

+ Reply to Thread