Hotsync problem narrowed to the "Contacts" folder, now what? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Hotsync problem narrowed to the "Contacts" folder, now what? - Palmtop ; My boss has a Treo 650 and was hotsyncing fine until we recently started getting an error that said there was a conflict in the conduits and directing us to the Custom tab in Hotsync. There did not seem to ...

  1. Hotsync problem narrowed to the "Contacts" folder, now what?

    My boss has a Treo 650 and was hotsyncing fine until we recently started
    getting an error that said there was a conflict in the conduits and
    directing us to the Custom tab in Hotsync. There did not seem to be any
    conflicts (the example in the error message was attempting to sync Address
    Book and Contacts), so we put all at "Do Nothing" to test it out. It
    synched without any problem. So, we began adding in one new "synch" at a
    time, and found out that the problem child is "Contacts", which did not seem
    to be a problem before. We do not have "Address Book" chosen, so I don't
    see where there can be a conflict.

    Is it likely a corruption issue? If so, how can we fix it without having to
    reinstall his HUGE number of contacts? Thanks.

  2. Re: Hotsync problem narrowed to the "Contacts" folder, now what?

    VBM wrote:
    > My boss has a Treo 650 and was hotsyncing fine until we recently started
    > getting an error that said there was a conflict in the conduits and
    > directing us to the Custom tab in Hotsync. There did not seem to be any
    > conflicts (the example in the error message was attempting to sync Address
    > Book and Contacts), so we put all at "Do Nothing" to test it out. It
    > synched without any problem. So, we began adding in one new "synch" at a
    > time, and found out that the problem child is "Contacts", which did not seem
    > to be a problem before. We do not have "Address Book" chosen, so I don't
    > see where there can be a conflict.
    >
    > Is it likely a corruption issue? If so, how can we fix it without having to
    > reinstall his HUGE number of contacts? Thanks.

    If he is able to view all the contacts on the Treo, try removing the
    contact list files from hs computer and hotsyncing. They are usually
    located in /Program Files/Palm/HotsyncID/Backup. For my Tungsten|E,
    these files are:

    ContactsAVIndex-PAdd.PDB
    ContactsBDIndex-PAdd.PDB

    Also, you could try moving these files off his Treo into a temporary
    folder on an SD card, and hotsyncing to see if the problem is with the
    conduit rather than the database files.

+ Reply to Thread